Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby comfy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:54 pm

EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Is your dd as postive as you? :D

Yes, I did teach her how to do GEP type questions.

Wow!, you might be really smart to know how to teach. Even though if you dd didn't enter GEP ( Touch wood ), you would be popular with other parents who are keen for the children to enter GEP. Care to share how you teach?
Anyway, all the best to your dd.

For Maths and GA only lah - IQ maths, Olympiad Maths, GA mainy on picture pattern.

For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sleepy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 am

comfy wrote:For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:

Do you remember the book titles or describe how those books looked like?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby trileets » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:08 pm

[/quote]For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:[/quote]

aiyoh, same here :cry: ... but until now still don't know which are the books :oops:

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby comfy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:44 pm

sleepy wrote:
comfy wrote:For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:

Do you remember the book titles or describe how those books looked like?

I don't know whether they are the one that appear in the GA papers but I asked my dd and she said that it was similar (sort of) to the GA1 (the tougher of the 2 GAs). The books' titles have the "General Ability" on them.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: gep

Postby Way2GO » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:40 pm

allamanda wrote:
The problem is she doesn't like these 2 schools after visiting the school, I am thinking of how to send her to nanyang pri, she said that is her dream school. I still hv a son study in pm session just next to my block.. Anyone who is staying in the extreme east and going nanyang pri by sch bus? need some advice here..

Congrats allamanda on ur dd getting into GEP.
NYPS is a good choice. I am also staying in d East.
The school bus does ply this route - it is one of d longer routes;
If I recall correctly from the transport vendor,
it takes about 45 mins - 1 hour from East to NYPS;
cost about 100+ per mth;
On CCA days, bus leaves at 4 pm; on some days when GEP activities overshoot this timing, u still need to arrange alternative transport but is not often.
If u drive, it only takes < 1/2 hour to reach NYPS in the mornings.
U can get more details from d transport vendor when NYPS arrange a briefing for incoming students.

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSmom8 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:47 pm

Way2GO wrote:
allamanda wrote:
The problem is she doesn't like these 2 schools after visiting the school, I am thinking of how to send her to nanyang pri, she said that is her dream school. I still hv a son study in pm session just next to my block.. Anyone who is staying in the extreme east and going nanyang pri by sch bus? need some advice here..

cost about 100+ per mth;
On CCA days, bus leaves at 4 pm; on some days when GEP activities overshoot this timing, u still need to arrange alternative transport but is not often.
U can get more details from d transport vendor when NYPS arrange a briefing for incoming students.

Personally I don't recommend selecting a school that is far away unless the child has private transport. I feel that it is simply too tiring to travel on bus before / after a long day in school. But that's just my opinion... ...

I remember one of the criteria for MOE to decide whether to allocate the school to the child is distance of your home to your preferred school, so you should include detailed reasons to support your choice of school especially if the school is very far from your home.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bliss-ful » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh really, I am new didn't read the previous thread. Moreover my girl not keen to go into GEP. :wink:

bliss-ful
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Laughter wrote:Oh really, I am new didn't read the previous thread. Moreover my girl not keen to go into GEP. :wink:

Yes, I understand... my DS1 also don't wanna go in initially and I myself also hesitated because of logistic issue etc. Only upon DW insisted both of us to attend the GEP talk, did we change our mind.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day for parents eagerly awaiting the result. For you, I know the thrill is not there... just wait for the result and if your DS did get selected, try to make an effort to attend the talk and decide from there. :D

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bliss-ful » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Thanks!! If she is selected we will attend the briefing. I just met a parent whom son is my girl's classmate. This poor parent is so anixous about the result whether his child will be selected anot guess what my girl reply. She said she will select not her friend she will write in to give her place to this friend as his parent is so keen about. That's my girl attitude therefore I don't pin any hope on her.

bliss-ful
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby allamanda » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Way2GO wrote:
allamanda wrote:

cost about 100+ per mth;

I am still negotiating with my girl on which school to go.. she is very stubborn, st hildas is just walking distance but she is not considering due to no chinese orchestra (OC), Raffles - also no OC and can't think of any cca to join, Tao nan - dun like the sch building, looks old may be. finally settled on Rosyth but she will be with the current sch address for P4, P5 & P6 will be at ITE west (AMK). she insisted to put Nanyang as 1st choice as i told her MOE will do the allocation.

this year nanyang OC practice is on fri (2pm - 6pm), the last transport is at 4pm. I told my girl cannot go nanyang as his bro also dismisses at 6pm. He will be P2 in pm session next yr, the transport cost for next yr from tampines to NYPS is $200 per mth by 1.30pm. if stay back after 1.30pm, they will charge per trip fare which is $8.

she is completely incharged of filling up the registration form..I hv a big headache in choosing the sch becos of her OC.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge