Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby clover18 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 pm

Yeah, not planning to prepare her this holiday. She deserve a good rest and so do I...haha.

I was thinking ahead on how to coach her when school reopens, and what materials to use for her to do revision for tests/exams :roll: I'm not sure if I'm in a position to teach her on Singapore history / WWII. I myself find it "boring like hell" like what your ds says!

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: gep

Postby allamanda » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:58 pm

ksme wrote:
allamanda wrote:yes, i agree with you. her current sch is just next to my blk, she can get up at 7am and still can make it for the assembly at 7.25am. for st hildas, my husband can send her by bike, is just 5mins away. walking may take 15mins. she can even "long pung" my neighbors' car. she refuses to join guzheng or violin as cca. she can pick up any instruments easily with the music background in piano, guitar, liuqin/ruan etc.. she insisted 'a sch with chinese orchestra"..that is her min criteria.. sign...

Hi Allamanda,
Not sure if you know about this, there is a lot of rumours that Tao Nan school will be moving out of its current site to a temporary location either in Bedok or Pasir Ris in 2012 or 2013. The current location will go through some upgrading to prepare it for single session.

The Tao Nan Chinese Orchestra has been awarded Gold with Honours in the 2010 Singapore Youth Festival and 2 of the members have been accepted into the Singapore National Youth Orchestra. You can find more details on this CCA per this link:
http://www.taonan.moe.edu.sg/?aid=344&g ... 5&lid=4132

Not sure if the above is helpful or make you/your DD more confused. Wish you and your DD all the best in getting into a school of her choice. :D

Rosyth is confirm upgrading in 2012, but tao nan i hv no idea..
i think i just hv to consider move hse to AMK for roysth or move hse to toa payoh closer to nanyang pri/raffles. or i can simply ignore my girl and force her to go st hildas...will think abt this seriously only after the briefing this sat.

thanks for your advice.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bekithia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 pm

My son haven't received any letters or envelopes regarding his GEP selection results yet. Does it mean it's unsuccessful?

bekithia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sakura_2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:09 pm

bekithia wrote:My son haven't received any letters or envelopes regarding his GEP selection results yet. Does it mean it's unsuccessful?

No, all students who went for the GEP selection test will be notified, regardless of whether they get into the program. For those not selected, a standard computerised letter will be given out to inform them they are not selected, and thank them for participating in the tests.

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bekithia » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks Sakura!

bekithia
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby trileets » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 pm

heng ah!! DS got into GEP!! :celebrate: Thanks for your kind wishes!! Also congrats to all other new GEPers!

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby LKVM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:26 pm

trileets wrote:Hi, heng ah!! DS got into GEP!! :celebrate:

Cool :congrats: :celebrate:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

trileets wrote:heng ah!! DS got into GEP!! :celebrate: Thanks for your kind wishes!! Also congrats to all other new GEPers!

hahaa.is not 'heng' your ds has proven himself..congratulations! :celebrate:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 pm

clover18 wrote:Thanks for sharing, blur-daddy. As a father, you really put in effort in your child's education! My dd just got selected into GEP and I have no clue how strenuous and difficult the work load will be, so trying to learn more here....I dont think there's any assessment books (and like you said, no PYP) that we can get in the market.

You are right, no assessment book or past year papers for GEP in the market.

I believe most of the kids (mine is happy) will adjust well, so don't worry.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:34 pm

blur-daddy wrote:
comfy wrote:Hi blur-daddy,
Is your child happy in his/her GEP school and can he/she cope with the subjects/workload? Take up any CCA? How ds/dd find the teachers?

We didn't really spent a lot of time with him and when i'm involved, it was usually last minute i.e. the night before, assignment due... and usually to those subjects he don't like e.g. IRS, social study etc.

DS1 is stubborn by nature and if he don't like certain things, not ez to convince him... so we usually respect his decision, and just tell him to 'die die' must pass those subjects he hated... and do well for those subjects he liked. Already he told us he don't like FPSP and IvP and whatever... thinking of doing project like "101 ways to kill-off IRS".

From what we see, he seems ok except constant grumbling of those items he don't like. Yes, like anyone else, CCA is compulsory in school but his school CCA is limited... we sign him up for archery in a CC nearby our place as that's the one that interest him most. I used this as a bait to encourage him to do well in school, and I do think CCA is important as a balance from school work.

As for teachers, OMG... I better don't comment here in case my DS1 kanan mark. Anyway, in simple term, there are teachers he loved, and there are teachers he hated. And from my limited observation, he is usually right in his judgement.

Wow, already thinking of topics for IRS! Mine is blur blur after the presentation. :shock:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge