35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby keroppi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:38 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
clover18 wrote:Thanks for sharing, blur-daddy. As a father, you really put in effort in your child's education! My dd just got selected into GEP and I have no clue how strenuous and difficult the work load will be, so trying to learn more here....I dont think there's any assessment books (and like you said, no PYP) that we can get in the market.

You are right, no assessment book or past year papers for GEP in the market.

I believe most of the kids (mine is happy) will adjust well, so don't worry.

Yes. In fact, that's the good thing about GE. No need to have herd mentality and force the kids do loads of PYP & assessment books (no time for those, anyway). The most important thing is still their learning attitude. With the right attitude, they should be able cope with the curriculum by themselves or with some help.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby clover18 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Thats re-assuring to know! :D

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 pm

keroppi wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:
clover18 wrote:Thanks for sharing, blur-daddy. As a father, you really put in effort in your child's education! My dd just got selected into GEP and I have no clue how strenuous and difficult the work load will be, so trying to learn more here....I dont think there's any assessment books (and like you said, no PYP) that we can get in the market.

You are right, no assessment book or past year papers for GEP in the market.

I believe most of the kids (mine is happy) will adjust well, so don't worry.

Yes. In fact, that's the good thing about GE. No need to have herd mentality and force the kids do loads of PYP & assessment books (no time for those, anyway). The most important thing is still their learning attitude. With the right attitude, they should be able cope with the curriculum by themselves or with some help.

yes ..precisely no much time for assessment books...or like what my ds said..'the most important thing is..the learning process ' when I mentioned to him abt getting desire results :|

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi! I am new here.

My DD today just collected the big & thick yellow envelope back home. I was so happy for her. But, she refused to change school. In her class, there were total 5 students went in the GEP. So scary!

By the way, I am very blurred about this GEP. Would like to know what will the child benefit in this program. Would it be very stress for the child?

Would like to hear from the present or ex GEP child's parent opinion. Please advise.

:?

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm

vlim wrote:yes ..precisely no much time for assessment books...or like what my ds said..'the most important thing is..the learning process ' when I mentioned to him abt getting desire results :|

I think this is a common trait ... evasive (mine will give philosophical answers without commiting):x
Last edited by cluelessmama on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

BTW, what is "PYP"? :?

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Hi! I am new here.

My DD today just collected the big & thick yellow envelope back home. I was so happy for her. But, she refused to change school. In her class, there were total 5 students went in the GEP. So scary!

By the way, I am very blurred about this GEP. Would like to know what will the child benefit in this program. Would it be very stress for the child?

Would like to hear from the present or ex GEP child's parent opinion. Please advise.

:?

Similar scenario last year : kid got selected, refused to change, a lot of persusaion.. blah blah..

First, don't panic. Attend the GEP talk with your DD - I believe she will change her view after the talk.

Second, most of the children (kid and her classmates)will enjoy GEP. They won't be bored as they will be mentally challenged.

Third, they will become more independent and responsible (projects, filing, etc). I believe they become more articluate in general.

Hope that helps. :D

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Xiaopillow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Congrats to all those whose DS or DD got in...mine still no news yet....does that imply not in ??
Last edited by Xiaopillow on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiaopillow
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ks2010 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Xiaopillow wrote:Congrats to all those whose DS or DD got on....mine still no news yet....does that imply not in ??

Have you checked with the school?

As mentioned earlier, the child/parent will be informed of the outcome.
Last edited by ks2010 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ks2010
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

So, end up, did your child change school? How is it now? Can tell me more.

I think I have more worries than happiness.

Similar scenario last year : kid got selected, refused to change, a lot of persusaion.. blah blah..

First, don't panic. Attend the GEP talk with your DD - I believe she will change her view after the talk.

Second, most of the children (kid and her classmates)will enjoy GEP. They won't be bored as they will be mentally challenged.

Third, they will become more independent and responsible (projects, filing, etc). I believe they become more articluate in general.

Hope that helps. :D[/quote]

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres