Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:40 pm

I checked already. Just of the school environment, teachers and friends. Last year, when she knew that she was going to separate with her old classmates. She cried.

She actually don't want to take the GEP test. And I promised her that if she was selected, I will not change her school.

But, I don't know how. I think you all will understand my feeling. My mouth agreed but not my heart.

That's why I wanted to get more info about GEP.

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks for the info.

All the schools are quite far from my house. My DD present also not near to my house. That's the problem.

Ok. My house is at Kallang, present is at Seng Kang. So, you see. What can I do? I am a working mum.

A lots of tears and late nights. oh...no.......

TwaTau wrote:HPPS. The GE curriculum is common to all the GEP schools, the initial months get some use it, but the kids are resilent, so they will adjust accordingly. They get alot of homework, and don't expect it to be a breeze, there will be alot of tears and late nights, but the programme really stretch them and most of them should be able to adjust. Project is unique to GEP, and it is another aspect that they get to learn, to prepare information, substantiate, organize and present. It will lay the foundation for future research work, and this will give them the head start when they go on to secondary school.
I had a second child that was going on to P1 when my DS was selected for GEP, but decide to keep her in the current school due to the logistic issue with the distant of HPPS from my home. Do also consider on the transport matters, as the GEP student needs to stay back in school in the afternoon quite often.
:?:

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 pm

oh twatau ..u are scaring thelmejl...not so hori gible la.. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:55 pm

Ya......sound so horrible!

vlim wrote:oh twatau ..u are scaring thelmejl...not so hori gible la.. :wink:

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Ya......sound so horrible!

I can assure u that there should be no sweat n tears - at least for p4, which is the honeymoon year. :D

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:04 pm

think parents just have to manage their expectation lor. some will see the grades drop from A* to 70ish or even lower but that's coz they r often doing things beyond their yrs. So if u will settle for nothing less than perfect, u will suffer. Must always remember that eventually they will still take the same PSLE.

from what I gathered, my boy enjoyed his time there except for the discrimination exhibited by some of the mainstreamers towards them.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TwaTau » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Must plan for the worst mah, different kids perform differently. Maybe DS not good at time management, end up with alot of tears and late nights for me as well. :cry:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby trileets » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm

wah, after what has been shared here, am I "heng" or not "heng" to get in. Jokes aside, I'm very concerned about my son's well-being should he get in . You see, he's a happy-go-lucky boy who has not experienced what stress is do far..

He comes home, plays ,rest , does things he likes and sleeps early. No much homework given in the 3 years.

I'm kinda afraid he'll have alot of adjustments to make in GEP, as time management isn't exactly his strength. :pray:

How ah? But he's excited about getting in cos he heard classes "won't be so boring anymore"

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:20 pm

TwaTau wrote:

Must plan for the worst mah, different kids perform differently. Maybe DS not good at time management, end up with alot of tears and late nights for me as well. :cry:

I also very scared that my ds forgot to do his assignments..so always check and nag at him if he got any new assignment and if there is when is the date line :|

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blur-daddy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:38 pm

vlim wrote:
TwaTau wrote:

I also very scared that my ds forgot to do his assignments..so always check and nag at him if he got any new assignment and if there is when is the date line :|

hahaha... same same... I kanan heart-attack when DS1 told me the night before that IRS was due tmr... I nearly fainted... he still pretty cool about it... :x Nearly skinned him alive.

Anyway, I already told him I won't entertain anymore last minute surprise and he must bear all consequence... especially now going to P5...

Today is an exciting day for P3 parents... like what we been thru one yr back... no regret on the journey and so far, I think most, if not all, parents agreed that GEP is a good choice to make. Like what Nike has been telling u - JUST DO IT.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge