Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Neko » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm

clover18 wrote:By the way, anyone whose child is in Rosyth GEP program? Can you advise how the hours are like there and which are the days they usually have to stay back after school in P4 GEP? Trying to pre-empt logistics /transport issues :idea:

Hours for P4GEP@ Rosyth

Mon, Tue, Thur : 7.20am-1pm (dd's CCA falls on Tue 1.30-3.30pm)
Wed : 7.20 am-12.30pm (until 3 pm when there is CEP)
Fri : 7.20 am - 3.30pm (stay back for IRS/HCL)

note that CEP only lasted 1 or 2 terms (forgot already, sorry)

du u stay near rosyth ?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:20 pm

syshi wrote:To all GEP Veteran Parents, need clarification for the summary from my conversation from other parents after 1 yr of GEP (disclaimer: based on same class same school):
1. To survive in GEP need to go for external tuition, Learning Lab highly recommended even by the teacher. Else you won't be able to catch up as in school do not really guide them
2. Need to self learn at least up till P6 or Sec level material else you won't catch up.

Also for P5 projects, they're asked to choose between DI, IVP and IRS. But for DI, only limited to 7 children as was told that based on GE branch MOE direction that need to allocate more students for IRS. Understand from www.idodi.org website, actually there is no limit in no. Of team/participant..

Maybe can help to share and enlighten me?

Thanks..
Confused P4 GEP Parent

eh, no leh. My dd's principal told us right from the start not to send the kids for tuition. I've spoken to dd's teachers and they echoed the same view. the weaker students are identified by the teachers to attend remedial after school.

just curious, do the kids who attend TLL score better in exams ?

dd just confirmed they were told DI max 7. she's not interested in DI so it's ok.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby clover18 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Neko wrote:
clover18 wrote:By the way, anyone whose child is in Rosyth GEP program? Can you advise how the hours are like there and which are the days they usually have to stay back after school in P4 GEP? Trying to pre-empt logistics /transport issues :idea:

Hours for P4GEP@ Rosyth

Mon, Tue, Thur : 7.20am-1pm (dd's CCA falls on Tue 1.30-3.30pm)
Wed : 7.20 am-12.30pm (until 3 pm when there is CEP)
Fri : 7.20 am - 3.30pm (stay back for IRS/HCL)

note that CEP only lasted 1 or 2 terms (forgot already, sorry)

du u stay near rosyth ?

Yeap, its near for me. Glad I found a parent buddy from the same school in this forum! Thanks for sharing the info. I hope dd will enjoy the program and make new friends there. Is your girl in P5 next year?

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Neko » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Yes, P5 next yr.

I got very good advice from a rosyth geper parent last yr too. :celebrate:

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TwaTau » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 pm

There are a few more from Rosyth, you just need to visit the Rosyth thread and you know who they are, they are just avoid mentioning here. :oops:

BTW, what is DI?

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:41 pm

For me, anyone can advise the hours are like in RGPS and how many days need to stay back?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Neko wrote:dd just confirmed they were told DI max 7. she's not interested in DI so it's ok.

Hi Neko,

What is DI max 7??? :?

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm

TwaTau wrote:There are a few more from Rosyth, you just need to visit the Rosyth thread and you know who they are, they are just avoid mentioning here. :oops:

BTW, what is DI?

:rant:
:wink: :wink: :wink:
ya la me also la...

DI is one of the ISO project that the p5 children can choose to take up. I think the teacher will select those suitable students for it. I think it stands for Destination Imagination.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby syshi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Neko wrote:
syshi wrote:To all GEP Veteran Parents, need clarification for the summary from my conversation from other parents after 1 yr of GEP (disclaimer: based on same class same school):
1. To survive in GEP need to go for external tuition, Learning Lab highly recommended even by the teacher. Else you won't be able to catch up as in school do not really guide them
2. Need to self learn at least up till P6 or Sec level material else you won't catch up.

Also for P5 projects, they're asked to choose between DI, IVP and IRS. But for DI, only limited to 7 children as was told that based on GE branch MOE direction that need to allocate more students for IRS. Understand from www.idodi.org website, actually there is no limit in no. Of team/participant..

Maybe can help to share and enlighten me?

Thanks..
Confused P4 GEP Parent

eh, no leh. My dd's principal told us right from the start not to send the kids for tuition. I've spoken to dd's teachers and they echoed the same view. the weaker students are identified by the teachers to attend remedial after school.

just curious, do the kids who attend TLL score better in exams ?

dd just confirmed they were told DI max 7. she's not interested in DI so it's ok.

Not many openly admitted they attended. But few attended (1 even from P3) also not in top...

DI max per team 7 students. Each team need 1 team Manager (in school TM=teacher, in US TM can be parents, etc)

The kids were told initially they're forming 2 teams. But later part reduce to 1 team with excuse of GE Branch requirement (???). They should just say due to manpower constraint...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby syshi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 pm

vlim wrote:
TwaTau wrote:There are a few more from Rosyth, you just need to visit the Rosyth thread and you know who they are, they are just avoid mentioning here. :oops:

BTW, what is DI?

:rant:
:wink: :wink: :wink:
ya la me also la...

DI is one of the ISO project that the p5 children can choose to take up. I think the teacher will select those suitable students for it. I think it stands for Destination Imagination.

Website is I Do DI
www.idodi.org
Can find a lot of useful info there.. Quite informative.. Should involve more child as it train on the spot creativity. Think of a solution with certain material you had instantly...

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres