Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby cluelessmama » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 pm

trileets wrote:sorry, 1 doubt I have... are the parents who are all for GEP and with kids who are able to juggle so much staying near to the schools?

For mine, quite alot of time is spent on bus journey.

smooth traffic takes 25 mins to drive from home to school.

traffic jam takes about 40 to 45 mins.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:50 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
trileets wrote:sorry, 1 doubt I have... are the parents who are all for GEP and with kids who are able to juggle so much staying near to the schools?

Mine is 30 mins drive from home to school (we picked the nearest school)

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:

Sometimes, I miss the old days when it only takes five minutes to drive to school. Could afford to be "very last minute" for this cluelessmama :oops:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm

cluelessmama wrote:
Neko wrote:
cluelessmama wrote:

Sometimes, I miss the old days when it only takes five minutes to drive to school. Could afford to be "very last minute" for this cluelessmama :oops:

Out of 2 schools, DS chose the one that was further. Takes about 30 mins to drive if traffic is smooth... so not so bad.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby trileets » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:27 pm

The problem is that he takes the school bus at 5.45am, we don't drive him :cry:

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Attended Nan Hua meet the parents session for P3 today.
Next year's P4 will only have one twinning class with a student population of around 25.
There will still be 2 GEP classes.
16 on Nan Hua's students made it to GEP, 8 from 3E and 8 from 3F.
Assuming all of them accept and stay in the school, they have vacancy of around 30 for students from other school for the 2 classes.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 am

trileets wrote:The problem is that he takes the school bus at 5.45am, we don't drive him :cry:

Don't choose a school that is so far away if you don't drive. In the end, the child suffers. They need enough sleep to attentive in class and to absorb what is being taught and to grow up well. Moreover there is a lot more project work and homework in GE - don't waste time commuting.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:58 am

keroppi wrote:Don't choose a school that is so far away if you don't drive. In the end, the child suffers. They need enough sleep to attentive in class and to absorb what is being taught and to grow up well. Moreover there is a lot more project work and homework in GE - don't waste time commuting.

Agreed. It is a total waste of time for long journey ride...
But for my case, already choose the nearest school but still must wake up at 5.30am as sch bus arrived at 6am... I did think of next yr, stop sch bus, personally send DS1 in morning, and let him take public transport back himself... the challenge now I faced is we intend to transfer DS2 over, and I'm not comfortable having a P3 and P5 taking public transport back on their own... sigh... seems like must stuck with sch bus for time being. :cry:

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby trileets » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 am

keroppi wrote:
trileets wrote:The problem is that he takes the school bus at 5.45am, we don't drive him :cry:

Don't choose a school that is so far away if you don't drive. In the end, the child suffers. They need enough sleep to attentive in class and to absorb what is being taught and to grow up well. Moreover there is a lot more project work and homework in GE - don't waste time commuting.

Agree. But we were near the school until we had to shift for some reason. He copes well and has enough sleep as I make sure he sleeps at 8.30 to 8.45pm. As not much homework was given, he can still stick to usual sleeping schedule.
My concern is that GEP will rob him of alot of time and hus sleep will be compromised. But I guess he will then have to work on his time management skill much more next year.

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby lwzh » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 am

ngbrdad wrote:Attended Nan Hua meet the parents session for P3 today.
Next year's P4 will only have one twinning class with a student population of around 25.
There will still be 2 GEP classes.
16 on Nan Hua's students made it to GEP, 8 from 3E and 8 from 3F.
Assuming all of them accept and stay in the school, they have vacancy of around 30 for students from other school for the 2 classes.

Do they mentioned what's the reason for only one twinning class this year?

lwzh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge