35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby ksme » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:05 am

blur-daddy wrote:
keroppi wrote:Don't choose a school that is so far away if you don't drive. In the end, the child suffers. They need enough sleep to attentive in class and to absorb what is being taught and to grow up well. Moreover there is a lot more project work and homework in GE - don't waste time commuting.

Agreed. It is a total waste of time for long journey ride...
But for my case, already choose the nearest school but still must wake up at 5.30am as sch bus arrived at 6am... I did think of next yr, stop sch bus, personally send DS1 in morning, and let him take public transport back himself... the challenge now I faced is we intend to transfer DS2 over, and I'm not comfortable having a P3 and P5 taking public transport back on their own... sigh... seems like must stuck with sch bus for time being. :cry:

Take 1 way school bus, ie only the home journey so you can still send them to school and they can sleep a little more. That's what we do. 1 way school bus cost almost same as 2 ways but sleep more important lah.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:51 pm

lwzh wrote:
ngbrdad wrote:Attended Nan Hua meet the parents session for P3 today.
Next year's P4 will only have one twinning class with a student population of around 25.
There will still be 2 GEP classes.
16 on Nan Hua's students made it to GEP, 8 from 3E and 8 from 3F.
Assuming all of them accept and stay in the school, they have vacancy of around 30 for students from other school for the 2 classes.

Do they mentioned what's the reason for only one twinning class this year?

did they mention whether the mainstream pupil in twining class will still be taking SS, IRS, CEP lessons? Was told some of them are not serious as they are not graded to them and some totally bochap and push the work to the GEP pupil who are in the same project team as them.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pokemon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:04 pm

comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Is your dd as postive as you? :D

Yes, I did teach her how to do GEP type questions.

Wow!, you might be really smart to know how to teach. Even though if you dd didn't enter GEP ( Touch wood ), you would be popular with other parents who are keen for the children to enter GEP. Care to share how you teach?
Anyway, all the best to your dd.

For Maths and GA only lah - IQ maths, Olympiad Maths, GA mainy on picture pattern.

For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:

comfy,

Besides IQ maths and olympaid maths, i dont see any GA books in popular. Is it only selling in certain popular or which section is being placed under. My ds love olympaid maths and those right brain question, i thought he would also love those GA questions.

pokemon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by comfy on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:57 pm

EY2001 wrote:[I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Hello EY2001, did your DD get into GEP?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Zann wrote:
lwzh wrote:
ngbrdad wrote:Attended Nan Hua meet the parents session for P3 today.
Next year's P4 will only have one twinning class with a student population of around 25.
There will still be 2 GEP classes.
16 on Nan Hua's students made it to GEP, 8 from 3E and 8 from 3F.
Assuming all of them accept and stay in the school, they have vacancy of around 30 for students from other school for the 2 classes.

Do they mentioned what's the reason for only one twinning class this year?

did they mention whether the mainstream pupil in twining class will still be taking SS, IRS, CEP lessons? Was told some of them are not serious as they are not graded to them and some totally bochap and push the work to the GEP pupil who are in the same project team as them.

I think so

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngbrdad » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Do most GEP students improve quite a lot in the grades from P4 to P5 ?
Finally able to adjust maybe ?

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby EY2001 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 pm

comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:[I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

No, her English is not up to the standard,
6 from her class got in, quite sad.congrats to you.

EY2001
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:24 pm

EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:

Don't be sad.
If her English is not up to the standard she will struggle in GEP.

My DS2 didn't get in also.

Howeve after attending the meet the parents plus result sessions for both DS1(GEP) and DS2(P3 this year). both my wife and I are happy that DS2 didn't get in cos we know he WILL struggle if he did.
Last edited by ngbrdad on Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby trileets » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:30 pm

EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:

Ya, don't be sad. Assure your child she's still good. With a father like you to help and guide her, I'm sure she will shine in mainstream and do well for the PSLE. "jia you"! :D

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres