Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Michecplow » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:33 pm

i m new to this forum, as well as GEP ...
may i find out more about the DSA?
we stay in CCK, and the nearest school r Nanyang and Nanhua, but Nanyang seems popular choice.... which factors will help us to get in NY ?

Michecplow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Michecplow wrote:i m new to this forum, as well as GEP ...
may i find out more about the DSA?
we stay in CCK, and the nearest school r Nanyang and Nanhua, but Nanyang seems popular choice.... which factors will help us to get in NY ?

Move nearer to NY. :lol:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pokemon » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:18 am

comfy wrote:
pokemon wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:For Maths and GA only lah - IQ maths, Olympiad Maths, GA mainy on picture pattern.

For me, very "naive", only realise that there are quite a few GA books than can be found in the Popular bookself. Too late by then dd has already sit for the paper. :oops:

comfy,

Besides IQ maths and olympaid maths, i dont see any GA books in popular. Is it only selling in certain popular or which section is being placed under. My ds love olympaid maths and those right brain question, i thought he would also love those GA questions.

I have pm you.

comfy,

thanks for your prompt response, i hv replied your pm.

pokemon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:26 am

Hi EY2001, how you know her english is the one not making it? They don't show the selection result right?

Anyway, your effort in preparing her won't be wasted... Still more challenges to come in P4 etc.

EY2001 wrote:No, her English is not up to the standard,
6 from her class got in, quite sad.congrats to you.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby TREX8 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Dear EY2001, if your DD is good with Math, there will still be lots of opportunities for her. I believe MOE tracks those kids who got into 2nd round and their strong area - math and/or english. These kids are invited to MOE GEP organised programmes. I believe the child's school is informed too and they are exposed to Math/Science Olympiad training and workshops.

This is based on what I've observed. So when my DD participates in activities/competitions, there's usually a group from mainstream who will join. Some will always be present for Math-based activities, while some others will be present for English-based activities. Of course, there is also a handful of all-rounders who will be selected for both sets of activities.

EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:[I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Hello EY2001, did your DD get into GEP?

No, her English is not up to the standard,

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby EY2001 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:59 pm

TREX8 wrote:Dear EY2001, if your DD is good with Math, there will still be lots of opportunities for her. I believe MOE tracks those kids who got into 2nd round and their strong area - math and/or english. These kids are invited to MOE GEP organised programmes. I believe the child's school is informed too and they are exposed to Math/Science Olympiad training and workshops.

This is based on what I've observed. So when my DD participates in activities/competitions, there's usually a group from mainstream who will join. Some will always be present for Math-based activities, while some others will be present for English-based activities. Of course, there is also a handful of all-rounders who will be selected for both sets of activities.

EY2001 wrote:
comfy wrote:
EY2001 wrote:[I'm P3 student father, I think she should get in GEP, but still waiting for school's result. :pray:

Hello EY2001, did your DD get into GEP?

No, her English is not up to the standard,

True, My DS1 did not get in GEP 7 years ago, but I trained him Maths Olympia and he got Platinum in SMOP in P6, got in Hwachong thru DSA - invited by the school, then joined Hwachong School-based GEP. quite good now.
For DD2, need to train her for Maths again lah! but not so easy maybe .

EY2001
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby comfy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:44 pm

blur-daddy wrote:Hi EY2001, how you know her english is the one not making it? They don't show the selection result right?

Anyway, your effort in preparing her won't be wasted... Still more challenges to come in P4 etc.

EY2001 wrote:No, her English is not up to the standard,

Hi EY2001, don't be sad. I, myself, also am surprised that dd got in. Even after the GEP briefing, I am also blur-blur how they selected. Like what blur-daddy said how you know your dd's english is not up to mark. I have a friend who ds is first in class and level also didn't get in. Hence this is very difficult to explain. :?
Anyway, cheer up, PSLE is another challenge, work hard!

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:54 pm

How was the briefing today?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:00 pm

ksme wrote:How was the briefing today?

Are you asking me? What do you mean? Are you there?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ksme » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:17 pm

comfy wrote:
ksme wrote:How was the briefing today?

Are you asking me? What do you mean? Are you there?

Just a general question to all p3 gep parents. Was the talk helpful n have you decided on the school?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres