Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

keroppi wrote:
AppleCrumble wrote:
vlim wrote:I don't know any particular students but get to know from a few parents last week that the interview is very important. Some of the interviewers don't even bother to look at the students prepared portfolio. Don't know how true is it :nailbite:

From personal observation, GEP students > 80% exempted from GAT and go straight for interview. However, amongst them, there are a couple who did not perform well during interview and thus not offered a place.

On the other hand, GEP students < 80% went for GAT, got invited for interview and offered a place. Interview questions were situational and spontaneous (i.e. cannot prepare). Portfolio was not even asked for or reviewed by interviewers during interviews.

Lastly, there are the top GEP students who are offered a place straightaway upon application (i.e. no GAT, no interview).

Hope this helps. :D

This is true. My friend's son got above >85% failed at the interview round at RI.

:scared:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngbrdad » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 pm

keroppi wrote:
AppleCrumble wrote:
vlim wrote:I don't know any particular students but get to know from a few parents last week that the interview is very important. Some of the interviewers don't even bother to look at the students prepared portfolio. Don't know how true is it :nailbite:

From personal observation, GEP students > 80% exempted from GAT and go straight for interview. However, amongst them, there are a couple who did not perform well during interview and thus not offered a place.

On the other hand, GEP students < 80% went for GAT, got invited for interview and offered a place. Interview questions were situational and spontaneous (i.e. cannot prepare). Portfolio was not even asked for or reviewed by interviewers during interviews.

Lastly, there are the top GEP students who are offered a place straightaway upon application (i.e. no GAT, no interview).

Hope this helps. :D

This is true. My friend's son got above >85% failed at the interview round at RI.

So which school did the boy go to in the end ?
>85% should be one of the top students in GEP already.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:31 am

ngbrdad wrote:
keroppi wrote:This is true. My friend's son got above >85% failed at the interview round at RI.

So which school did the boy go to in the end ?
>85% should be one of the top students in GEP already.

ACSI.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:41 am

Hey thmejlfm,

let me know how they response to your request for transfering your DD2 over as a 'whole package' together with your elder one.

As for the book list, I have it in PDF format and somehow I can't load into this website. You can PM me with your email and I forward to you. Do note it is just for leisure reading i.e. if your kid got nothing much to do in Dec holiday... Your kid should relax and enjoy as much as possible in Dec before start the P4 GEP.
:celebrate:
thmejlfm wrote:I think the chances of getting in for the Pr 1 is not high. Have to prepare my DD2 that she might not be able to go to the same school next year.

Anybody has the GEP story book list for Pr 4?

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Neko » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:31 am

The '80%' required for GAT exemption is average of all 5 subjects (Inc SS) or evr subject must score at least 80%?

Have not seen dd's report book yet but think overall she scored more than 80% for all subj except math (more than 70%). Math will prob always be her weakest subj. She hopes to go to RGS.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby keroppi » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 am

ngbrdad wrote:Hi just like to recomfirm is it true that GE students with average of 80 and above in P5 and P6 will get into any secondary school of their choice thru DSA without having to sit for the GAT ?

My DS1 has an average of 79.8 for his P5 GEP results this year, just missed by a whisker..........

I wonder if they make any distinction between students taking HMT and those without, after all, HMT should be harder than MT.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:26 pm

Anyone able to help ?
Looking for Friedrich, the book for P6 GEP English.
My DS1 was asked by the English teacher to finish it during the holidays.
As usual the school bookstore has no stock and I couldn't find it at Populalr or Harris either.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AppleCrumble » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm

ngbrdad wrote:Anyone able to help ?
As usual the school bookstore has no stock and I couldn't find it at Populalr or Harris either.

If you don't mind used copy, try the used books store at Bras Basah Complex. It's at the 2nd floor, near escalator. Think it's called Book Point.

AppleCrumble
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cchew » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:57 pm

ngbrdad wrote:Anyone able to help ?

You can try www.bookdepositary.com , deliver within 2 weeks. now there is a discount of 10% voucher(need to someone to sent it to your email)

cchew
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby jtoh » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Neko wrote:The '80%' required for GAT exemption is average of all 5 subjects (Inc SS) or evr subject must score at least 80%?

Have not seen dd's report book yet but think overall she scored more than 80% for all subj except math (more than 70%). Math will prob always be her weakest subj. She hopes to go to RGS.

Average of all subjects. Different schools will have their own way of computing, whether it's with/without SS, with/without HMT etc.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres