35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TwaTau » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 pm

What is the full title?

Found the following link with just Friedrich and if it is an old book, google book will have the electronic copy to read in the meantime:

http://www.google.com.sg/#q=friedrich+n ... 3a14280ec9

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

cchew wrote:You can try www.bookdepositary.com , deliver within 2 weeks. now there is a discount of 10% voucher(need to someone to sent it to your email)

Do you have the discount code? I ran a search online but all the code already expired. Thanks!

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thmejlfm » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Thank you for the book list.

blur-daddy wrote:Hey thmejlfm,

let me know how they response to your request for transfering your DD2 over as a 'whole package' together with your elder one.

As for the book list, I have it in PDF format and somehow I can't load into this website. You can PM me with your email and I forward to you. Do note it is just for leisure reading i.e. if your kid got nothing much to do in Dec holiday... Your kid should relax and enjoy as much as possible in Dec before start the P4 GEP.
:celebrate:
thmejlfm wrote:I think the chances of getting in for the Pr 1 is not high. Have to prepare my DD2 that she might not be able to go to the same school next year.

Anybody has the GEP story book list for Pr 4?

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cchew » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm

sleepy wrote:
cchew wrote:You can try www.bookdepositary.com , deliver within 2 weeks. now there is a discount of 10% voucher(need to someone to sent it to your email)

Do you have the discount code? I ran a search online but all the code already expired. Thanks!

http://www.bookdepository.com/lovex

At this website, Just ask a friend to email the discount voucher to you. When you spent the 10% voucher, your friend will entitle a 10% voucher. OR you can enter your friend email address, when she spend the 10% voucher, you will be entitle 10% voucher too. :lol:

I can send a voucher to you later. :wink:

cchew
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby littlecloud » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:40 pm

thmejlfm and blur daddy,
You asked about transferring the younger child after the elder one transfers to a GEP school.
Just wanted to share my experience here, so hopefully you don't have to worry too much.
At last year's GEP briefing, various parents raised similar concern, and the principals said that they will try their best to transfer the younger siblings.
In my case, last year we successfully transferred my DS3 to the GEP school (P1 this year). I think the schools do try their best to take in the younger sibling. In fact, we were informed of his successful transfer two days before school re-open, as his sister's place in the school was confirmed only in mid-December last year (we successfully appealed for my DD2 as they initially allocated her to another GEP school).

littlecloud
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi! littlecloud

Thank you for sharing your info.

two days before school re-open, a bit too short to prepare, right?

littlecloud wrote:thmejlfm and blur daddy,
You asked about transferring the younger child after the elder one transfers to a GEP school.
Just wanted to share my experience here, so hopefully you don't have to worry too much.
At last year's GEP briefing, various parents raised similar concern, and the principals said that they will try their best to transfer the younger siblings.
In my case, last year we successfully transferred my DS3 to the GEP school (P1 this year). I think the schools do try their best to take in the younger sibling. In fact, we were informed of his successful transfer two days before school re-open, as his sister's place in the school was confirmed only in mid-December last year (we successfully appealed for my DD2 as they initially allocated her to another GEP school).

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Report book is back; first yr of GEP has come to an end.

Turns out the initial worries/stress were unnecessary after all. dd had a most enjoyable year :lol:

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby notsokiasu mum » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:01 pm

keroppi wrote:
AppleCrumble wrote:
vlim wrote:I don't know any particular students but get to know from a few parents last week that the interview is very important. Some of the interviewers don't even bother to look at the students prepared portfolio. Don't know how true is it :nailbite:

From personal observation, GEP students > 80% exempted from GAT and go straight for interview. However, amongst them, there are a couple who did not perform well during interview and thus not offered a place.

On the other hand, GEP students < 80% went for GAT, got invited for interview and offered a place. Interview questions were situational and spontaneous (i.e. cannot prepare). Portfolio was not even asked for or reviewed by interviewers during interviews.

Lastly, there are the top GEP students who are offered a place straightaway upon application (i.e. no GAT, no interview).

Hope this helps. :D

This is true. My friend's son got above >85% failed at the interview round at RI.

Based on this year's P6 GEPers, the 80% rule is mainly applied to P6 SA1 results using the 4 main subjects. Those with HCL will be also asked to take the CL paper for which the result is used. As far as I know the 80% is quite strictly followed for GAT at RI i.e. 79.9% also need to take GAT. In our school, all those without GAT were offered regardless of interview. All who took GAT were given waitlist except 1 offered and 1 rejected. Largely the same group who were offered at RI were offered HCI. So for all P5 parents, please tell your kids P6 SA1 is very very important for DSA.

notsokiasu mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

thks notsokiasu for the info.. :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Neko wrote:Report book is back; first yr of GEP has come to an end.

Turns out the initial worries/stress were unnecessary after all. dd had a most enjoyable year :lol:

Good to hear that Neko..u had experience the worries/stress that I and many other gep parents had experience before..and now that u know that your dd can cope with it well ...so u can trust her that she can cope with it well also for p5 and p6 gep la.... :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP