Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Zann » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 pm

sleepy wrote:
Herbie wrote:hi! anyone know where to get the book " A wrinkle in Time"? Tx

I saw a few copies at Popular Marine Parade some weeks ago. You might want to call them up before heading down, just to make sure books are still there

Saw the Penqiun copy at Popular too.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:35 pm

jtoh wrote:
Herbie wrote:Noted from the booklist that next year P5 GEP has to learn cpnversational malay... but DD does not like it leh...

No choice. If you don't learn CCM now you'll still have to learn it in secondary school.

That means there is no need to take up Malay as third lang?

My ds at P4 already attended Basic CCM, will he still be doing at P5 ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 pm

notsokiasu mum wrote:I am not sure about P4 and P5 because those who took higher chinese did not take the normal chinese paper. Thus it would be comparing apples to oranges. Only in P6 SA1 the school will let them take 2 papers so that the DSA process is fair. In my son's school about half had to take GAT, i.e. score less than 80%. However I think in P4 and P5, the proportion scoring above 80% should be much lower simply because higher chinese score tend to be lower. Hope this info helps.

I have the same concern. So is it better to choose normal chinese? School said the GEP higher chinese is tougher than the mainstream HCL. How about the normal chinese which GEP students take?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi Neko,

The report bk will indicate a DI next to the chinese subject for distinction. May be the DI is given based on her cohort's result.

And the top scorer 90+ will get to receive something on stage on prize giving day.

Tx

for HCL 80 and above is distinction

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blur-daddy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 am

sorry... this probably be a side-track from the series of discussion here... DS1 just shared with me tonight abt ISO for P5. Basically, FPS, IvP and IRS.

I understand the different options and would support him in whatever choice he wanna make. I like to understand for FPS, does sch assign team and not up to kids to form their own team? What happen if there is a trouble-maker in the group? For IRS, is it similar to what they did in P4? Last but not least, what's the time commitment? Will FPS take up more time? :?

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby TwaTau » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:36 am

blur-daddy wrote:sorry... this probably be a side-track from the series of discussion here... DS1 just shared with me tonight abt ISO for P5. Basically, FPS, IvP and IRS.

I understand the different options and would support him in whatever choice he wanna make. I like to understand for FPS, does sch assign team and not up to kids to form their own team? What happen if there is a trouble-maker in the group? For IRS, is it similar to what they did in P4? Last but not least, what's the time commitment? Will FPS take up more time? :?

They are given a choice, but the school will decide on who will go on what ISO, depending on resources available to the school. For FPS, they will have a teacher assigned to oversee the team, and for troublemaker, the team and the teacher will deal with them. There is alot of reading up, but I don't remember they having to submit report. They will get practice topic that will allow them to go through the format of the problem solving techniques, and then they go for a preliminary round of competition, a final national round and the top team in Singapore will attend the international competition.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:29 am

notsokiasu mum wrote:I am not sure about P4 and P5 because those who took higher chinese did not take the normal chinese paper. Thus it would be comparing apples to oranges. Only in P6 SA1 the school will let them take 2 papers so that the DSA process is fair. In my son's school about half had to take GAT, i.e. score less than 80%. However I think in P4 and P5, the proportion scoring above 80% should be much lower simply because higher chinese score tend to be lower. Hope this info helps.

Hi, I've PM you.

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:52 am

Hi TwaTau,

Thanks for your response. Clear for me now. Will wait for the outcome before I see if DS1 need any help from me. :P

I kanan assigned by DW to help DS1 with his hated subjects i.e. SS and IRS.

TwaTau wrote:They are given a choice, but the school will decide on who will go on what ISO, depending on resources available to the school. For FPS, they will have a teacher assigned to oversee the team, and for troublemaker, the team and the teacher will deal with them. There is alot of reading up, but I don't remember they having to submit report. They will get practice topic that will allow them to go through the format of the problem solving techniques, and then they go for a preliminary round of competition, a final national round and the top team in Singapore will attend the international competition.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cluelessmama » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 am

blur-daddy wrote:Hi TwaTau,

Thanks for your response. Clear for me now. Will wait for the outcome before I see if DS1 need any help from me. :P

I kanan assigned by DW to help DS1 with his hated subjects i.e. SS and IRS.

TwaTau wrote:They are given a choice, but the school will decide on who will go on what ISO, depending on resources available to the school. For FPS, they will have a teacher assigned to oversee the team, and for troublemaker, the team and the teacher will deal with them. There is alot of reading up, but I don't remember they having to submit report. They will get practice topic that will allow them to go through the format of the problem solving techniques, and then they go for a preliminary round of competition, a final national round and the top team in Singapore will attend the international competition.

Well, at least there's "division of work" for you. :lol:

cluelessmama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Hey cluelessmama,

Ya... DS1 hated IRS, SS and MT... so I kanan 2 out of 3, with DW handle MT. But my DS1 already ask both of us to fly kite :P as he don't need any of our help. I'm ok and kind of glad for his stand. He is so INDEPENDENT... :P

I PM you liao... glad yours and mine are in the same school. Their results will be out today after class party. :pray:

cluelessmama wrote:Well, at least there's "division of work" for you. :lol:

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP