Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby sautille » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 pm

vlim wrote:
sautille wrote:
TREX8 wrote:A friend told me that there is this 'Edusave Scholarship' that is given out at Pri5 for the top 10% (I think) fo each level and stream. This is different from the one that was given when students were in P1 to P4 as it is regardless of income level. That means, if the child qualifies for the scholarship at P5, he/she can get the award (my friend mentioned $300?) regardless of family income.

Does any parent know how this 10% will be derived for kids in GEP?

I think you are referring to http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/edusa ... ts-awards/

Same criteria apply to GEP...you need to be top 10% in the level of the GEP cohort of your school to qualify. For example, if there are 50 P5 GEP students, you need to be among the top 5 to qualify for this award.

so normally when will the qualified students receive this award?

Sorry, I can't quite recall...only remembered my son got a letter and we had to go to some Community Club for a prize-giving ceremony. If my memory serves me correctly, the wording in the letter said something to the effect that you must attend the ceremony in order to collect the cheque (implying absence will result in the money being forfeited?).

sautille
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby TREX8 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks for the information. So looks like we won't be getting any letter from MOE in our letter box this year. Anyway, it would be tough to qualify given the small cohort of GEP students in DD's school.

ApronMama wrote:For GEP, it is that difficult due to the small cohort for each level within a school. But if your GEP kids has achieve level top 5 in the year, he or she will be expecting to receive the yearend hangbao notification by post, provided the school did not forget to submit his/hers name.
For mainstream, if you are in a school with bigger population, and a less competitive neighbourhood school, it will be easier to get. They do not pick the top 10% S Citizen. They pick the top 10% and leave out non-citizen, so depend on where the non-citizen crowd, usually the west.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:44 pm

sautille wrote:
vlim wrote:
sautille wrote:
TREX8 wrote:A friend told me that there is this 'Edusave Scholarship' that is given out at Pri5 for the top 10% (I think) fo each level and stream. This is different from the one that was given when students were in P1 to P4 as it is regardless of income level. That means, if the child qualifies for the scholarship at P5, he/she can get the award (my friend mentioned $300?) regardless of family income.

Does any parent know how this 10% will be derived for kids in GEP?

I think you are referring to http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/edusa ... ts-awards/

Same criteria apply to GEP...you need to be top 10% in the level of the GEP cohort of your school to qualify. For example, if there are 50 P5 GEP students, you need to be among the top 5 to qualify for this award.

so normally when will the qualified students receive this award?

Sorry, I can't quite recall...only remembered my son got a letter and we had to go to some Community Club for a prize-giving ceremony. If my memory serves me correctly, the wording in the letter said something to the effect that you must attend the ceremony in order to collect the cheque (implying absence will result in the money being forfeited?).

oops..we will be away in later half of december ..hope it will not be forfeited if my ds qualify for it.. :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ApronMama » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:56 pm

vlim wrote:oops..we will be away in later half of december ..hope it will not be forfeited if my ds qualify for it.. :roll:

No worry, the award ceremony only held in mid-January. Go enjoy your holiday and come back to find the hongbao notification in your letter box and :celebrate: first.

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:00 am

ApronMama wrote:
vlim wrote:oops..we will be away in later half of december ..hope it will not be forfeited if my ds qualify for it.. :roll:

No worry, the award ceremony only held in mid-January. Go enjoy your holiday and come back to find the hongbao notification in your letter box and :celebrate: first.

Thanks ApronMama..so the letter will be send out in Dec?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:03 am

thanks naggo-nightmare and sautille for the info too :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby naggo-nitemare » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 am

Don't worry. If u can't make it for the ceremony, u can collect the cheque at moe headquarters.

naggo-nitemare
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

naggo-nitemare wrote:

Don't worry. If u can't make it for the ceremony, u can collect the cheque at moe headquarters.

thank you so much...I Love KSP :grphug:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cluelessmom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:11 pm

ApronMama wrote:

Hi vlim, I had a pleasant surprise, my dd received the letter today!! :rahrah:

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:30 pm

cluelessmom wrote:
ApronMama wrote:

Hi vlim, I had a pleasant surprise, my dd received the letter today!! :rahrah:

Congratulatons to u and your dd! I only received the merit bursery for top 25% of the level for my younger dd but cannot claim due to household income figure. Yet to receive letter for my ds. :lol:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres