35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby fruitplus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:00 am

jtoh wrote:
vlim wrote:Those posting at' psle 2011 preparation' make us panic though knowing tt our kids still got to handle the challenging p6 gep work ahead... :nailbite:

Don't panic. From experience, P6 is the most relaxed year for GEP students. They're accustomed to what's expected of them for GEP projects and schoolwork so don't stress as much about them as P4 & P5. Preparing for PSLE is just going through papers and they all know their work very well already. In fact, some GEP students find P6 boring because there's not enough challenge coming from GEP work after Term 2 as they're preparing for PSLE.

Very true! DS said his whole class wished that PSLE would come sooner, bcos it was so boring to go thru the same topics over and over again.

fruitplus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: I got into GEP !!!

Postby fruitplus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 am

Shoot wrote:YAY!!!I got into GEP!!! :D

:congrats: All the best to you!

fruitplus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks fruitiplus! So .. Hey Twatau .. We can relak a bit huh :imcool:
:wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:28 am

vlim, same here - DD got the top 25% bursary but cannot claim. As expected, DD didn't qualify for Scholarship as too tough - think only 4 or 5 pupils get it.

BTW, any one knows whether will kids be doing CEP and IRS in Pri 6?

vlim wrote:Congratulatons to u and your dd! I only received the merit bursery for top 25% of the level for my younger dd but cannot claim due to household income figure. Yet to receive letter for my ds. :lol:

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:08 pm

TREX8 wrote:vlim, same here - DD got the top 25% bursary but cannot claim. As expected, DD didn't qualify for Scholarship as too tough - think only 4 or 5 pupils get it.

BTW, any one knows whether will kids be doing CEP and IRS in Pri 6?

vlim wrote:Congratulatons to u and your dd! I only received the merit bursery for top 25% of the level for my younger dd but cannot claim due to household income figure. Yet to receive letter for my ds. :lol:

Ya if your dd school has 50 p5 geppers then 10% would be 5.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Muffins » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:12 pm

vlim wrote:Thanks fruitiplus! So .. Hey Twatau .. We can relax a bit huh :imcool:

Oh! Is Shoot your son?????

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fruitplus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

vlim wrote:Thanks fruitiplus! So .. Hey Twatau .. We can relak a bit huh :imcool:

Hi vlim and Twatau,

PSLE can relax a bit if DSA successful, BUT P6 GE SA1 cannot relax hor. Very very important ! DSA depends on it.

If possible, overall results have to try to score above 80% or close to 80%.

This year, all those get CO from RI, they score more than or equal to 80% overall (further more, no need to sit for GAT). Successful in waitlist ==> mostly quite close to 80% (at least 2 kids with PSLE score 253 and 260 were not successful due to lower P6 GE SA1 results).

Oh, btw, for DSA to DHS, above 75% ==> no need to sit for GAT.

And don't forget the EESIS scholarship for IP school ($200 mthly), need good attitude, pass all the GE subjects (including SS), and PSLE score should be at least around top 10% (ie around 250).

fruitplus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Muffins wrote:
vlim wrote:Thanks fruitiplus! So .. Hey Twatau .. We can relax a bit huh :imcool:

Oh! Is Shoot your son?????

aiya no la..my ds this yr p5 gep..I think Shoot is p4 gep next year. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:35 pm

fruitplus wrote:
vlim wrote:Thanks fruitiplus! So .. Hey Twatau .. We can relak a bit huh :imcool:

Hi vlim and Twatau,

PSLE can relax a bit if DSA successful, BUT P6 GE SA1 cannot relax hor. Very very important ! DSA depends on it.

If possible, overall results have to try to score above 80% or close to 80%.

This year, all those get CO from RI, they score more than or equal to 80% overall (further more, no need to sit for GAT). Successful in waitlist ==> mostly quite close to 80% (at least 2 kids with PSLE score 253 and 260 were not successful due to lower P6 GE SA1 results).

Oh, btw, for DSA to DHS, above 75% ==> no need to sit for GAT.

And don't forget the EESIS scholarship for IP school ($200 mthly), need good attitude, pass all the GE subjects (including SS), and PSLE score should be at least around top 10% (ie around 250).

thanks fruitplus...will take note of it.. :nailbite:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

GEP exam paper

Postby ctct61t » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I'm very curcious about GEP. It seems another important opportunities for kids to go for better schools. Many parents talked about it, but so far I did not see any GEP paper, what is GEP exam looks like?

Kiasuparents, please give me some hints...if possible, pls pm me some papers of GEP tests...

Thanks a lot... :pray:

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge