10%

Total votes : 20

Postby ctct61t » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Nobody has the information?

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby kiasuest2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:37 pm

ctct61t wrote:Nobody has the information?

I am afraid no one has access to THOSE papers save for the handful of particularly difficult questions that has every pupil who sat for the test talking about for a long while :wink:

kiasuest2
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Just came back from a holiday and saw a letter from DS2's school (Nan Hua Primary).
DS2 got into the twinning or TAG scheme at NHPS for next year based on the results compiled by MOE.
Was busily checking my phone every day while away cos his teacher told us those selected will be informed by phone but no one called.
Ended up receiving a real pleasant surprise when reaching home.

The TAG syllabus is what we were hoping for for DS2 cos we think he cannot handle the GEP based on experience with his elder brother.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blur-daddy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Congratulation! I'm glad that's what suitable for your DS2 and happy for u. Twinning program just as well expose him to project works etc. BTW, did he make it through 2nd round?

My DS2 next yr is P3 and likewise, I doubt he is suitable for GEP...

ngbrdad wrote:Just came back from a holiday and saw a letter from DS2's school (Nan Hua Primary).
DS2 got into the twinning or TAG scheme at NHPS for next year based on the results compiled by MOE.
Was busily checking my phone every day while away cos his teacher told us those selected will be informed by phone but no one called.

The TAG syllabus is what we were hoping for for DS2 cos we think he cannot handle the GEP based on experience with his elder brother.
:P

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

blur-daddy wrote:Congratulation! I'm glad that's what suitable for your DS2 and happy for u. Twinning program just as well expose him to project works etc. BTW, did he make it through 2nd round?

ngbrdad wrote:Just came back from a holiday and saw a letter from DS2's school (Nan Hua Primary).

Yeah he made it to the second round.
According to the school the selection is based on recommendation from MOE who will compile the score of the kids who don't make GEP but with higher socre than their peers.
NHPS used to have two twiinnin classes previously but now has reduced it to one.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Fettuccine » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:58 pm

blur-daddy wrote:Congratulation! I'm glad that's what suitable for your DS2 and happy for u. Twinning program just as well expose him to project works etc. BTW, did he make it through 2nd round?

Oh, you never know. One of my friend got a shock when her son got selected for GEP this year. Her boy was never in the top 10 in the class. I thought the GEP program is much interesting than the mainstream curriculum. Not for the prestige of being gifted but doing projects seem fun.

Fettuccine
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby blur-daddy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:57 am

hahaha... true true... i never expected DS1 to make it... but DS2, if he make it, will be beyond my imagination. Till now, he still ask me "why must I go to school everyday?" :P

Anyway, I'm going for holiday soon. Wish everyone here a good break and a happy holiday!
Fettuccine wrote:Oh, you never know. One of my friend got a shock when her son got selected for GEP this year. Her boy was never in the top 10 in the class. I thought the GEP program is much interesting than the mainstream curriculum. Not for the prestige of being gifted but doing projects seem fun.

blur-daddy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:36 pm

DS1 is good with analytical skill and very quick in grasping concept.
DS2 has a photographic memory but not that good in logical thinking.
So both the wifey and I think that the GE assessment process is quite an accurete assessment.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: GA book

Postby comfy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: GA book

Postby I_belive » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:50 pm

comfy wrote:
comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.

Hi Comfy,
Thanks you so much for your info. I will go and buy one. My DD will be in P3 next year. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you!

I_belive
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge