Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: GA book

Postby comfy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:18 pm

I_belive wrote:
comfy wrote:
comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.



Hi Comfy,
Thanks you so much for your info. I will go and buy one. My DD will be in P3 next year. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you!

Glad to hear that and merry christmas to you too. Just to add the book can be found under the Junior Reference. And all the best to your dd too.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby trileets » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:32 pm

HI,

Could I check if the children in GEP will be in the same classes throughout the 3 years--

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby pecalis » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

trileets wrote:HI,

Could I check if the children in GEP will be in the same classes throughout the 3 years--

I know for Catholic high, they do shuffle the boys in P5 and P6.

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:19 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby TwaTau » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:19 pm

HPPS do shuffle the students from P4 to P5. Yet to be informed whether they will do it for those going to P6 next year.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:36 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby trileets » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Oh this is so unexpected... I was just telling my ds that he can look forward to forming really firm friendship with his classmates as they may be together for 3 yrs.... But how about the GEP schools that have only 1 or 2 classes? How to shuffle?

trileets
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby TREX8 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 pm

DD's school has 2 classes of GEP for each level and shuffling is done when they move from year to year. There is not much difference as they have alot of combined activities. So you do get to see your friend very frequently even though in different classes and especially if your child and friends are taking the same type of CL.

trileets wrote:Oh this is so unexpected... I was just telling my ds that he can look forward to forming really firm friendship with his classmates as they may be together for 3 yrs.... But how about the GEP schools that have only 1 or 2 classes? How to shuffle?

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jtoh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Yes they do shuffle the classes every year. But the cohort of GEPpers are so small they all know each other very well anyway.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 101


Postby Zann » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:43 pm

I was told from P4 to P5 yes due to selection of HMT. For those who are still doing HMT, not sure whether there will be movement too?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby TREX8 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 pm

I think different schools have different ways of assigning classes. DD's school was not based on Cl or HCl. Rather random, maybe more to spread out the 'trouble-makers'.

Zann wrote:I was told from P4 to P5 yes due to selection of HMT. For those who are still doing HMT, not sure whether there will be movement too?

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: GA book

Postby Happy Mama » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 pm

comfy wrote:
comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.


Hi Comfy, may I know what is GA1? Is that the title of the book under Brain Teasers section? Wonder if the book is still around at Popular?

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres