55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: GA book

Postby comfy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Happy Mama wrote:
comfy wrote:
comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.

Hi Comfy, may I know what is GA1? Is that the title of the book under Brain Teasers section? Wonder if the book is still around at Popular?

Hi Happy Mama, sorry for the late reply. I was so busy with Post Christmas, NY and DD's new school. The GA1 refer to the General Ability paper that comes on the same day as the English Paper. No, that is not the title, the title is "Brain Teasers' under Junior Reference section in Popular. I think it should be easy available or else can check with the sale counter staff.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: GA book

Postby Happy Mama » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 pm

comfy wrote:
Happy Mama wrote:
comfy wrote:
comfy wrote:I mentioned earlier that I found some GA books in popular, well, I went to IMM Popular to look for it. The books are no longer on the shelf. I think it could be sold out. The section is under 'Puzzle/Game'. I don't know whether the popular saleman has moved it elsewhere but highly not possible.

For anyone still interested in knowing about GA1 in the selection test, I found another interesting book that will give an insight to what the GA1 is about. Please note that only some questions are similar according to my child. The book's title is 'Brain Teasers' under the brain blenders series. I found this book in West Mall Popular and it costs $5.89.

Hi Comfy, may I know what is GA1? Is that the title of the book under Brain Teasers section? Wonder if the book is still around at Popular?

Hi Happy Mama, sorry for the late reply. I was so busy with Post Christmas, NY and DD's new school. The GA1 refer to the General Ability paper that comes on the same day as the English Paper. No, that is not the title, the title is "Brain Teasers' under Junior Reference section in Popular. I think it should be easy available or else can check with the sale counter staff.

Thank you so much for your reply, Comfy. Hope your DD is settling well in her new school... and :congrats: to you and your DD! :D

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Faun » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 pm

notsokiasu mum wrote:
thmejlfm wrote:Hi!

May I know what is 'RPS'? My DD just asked me. It was in her timetable.

I think I had read about it in somewhere. But, forgot what is it.

Please Advise.

Thank you

Is it FPS - Future Problem Solving? It's taught under social studies.

Future Problem Solving (FPS) is one of the Individualised Study Options (ISO) in P5, not under social studies.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TREX8 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 pm

FPS (Future problem solving) is one of the Individualised Research Options offered at P5. Other options are IRS (Individual Research Study) and IvP (Innovation Project?).

DD told me that in P6, FPS is incorporated into Social Studies.

Faun wrote:
notsokiasu mum wrote:

Please Advise.

Thank you

Future Problem Solving (FPS) is one of the Individualised Study Options (ISO) in P5, not under social studies.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

TREX8 wrote:FPS (Future problem solving) is one of the Individualised Research Options offered at P5. Other options are IRS (Individual Research Study) and IvP (Innovation Project?).

DD told me that in P6, FPS is incorporated into Social Studies.

Faun wrote:
notsokiasu mum wrote:

Please Advise.

Thank you

Singapore final for the FPSP competition is Nov of P5, international final is in June (P6)
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:52 pm

How many projects are P5 geppers supposed to do ? so far dd has told me she has to do 1) IRS 2) SS (but no idea what is to be done)

any EL/Sc projects as well ?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TREX8 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Neko, based on what I can recall, for my DD:

1. FBS - she didnt do IRS but opted for FPS which is a competition, round 1 in July, round 2 (if selected after round 1) in Nov.

2. Social Studies - Portfolio and RAFT

3. Science - one science project

No projects for EL but have 2 ERP write-ups and essays to submit for various competitions.
Nothing in particular for Math and CL.

Not sure whether this is the same across all centres though.

Neko wrote:How many projects are P5 geppers supposed to do ? so far dd has told me she has to do 1) IRS 2) SS (but no idea what is to be done)

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby 2ppaamm » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 pm

ctct61t wrote:Nobody has the information?

Child will suffer if he has to prepare and study to get into GEP. Mainstream school also produces top students.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 pm

TREX8 wrote:Hi Neko, based on what I can recall, for my DD:

1. FBS - she didnt do IRS but opted for FPS which is a competition, round 1 in July, round 2 (if selected after round 1) in Nov.

No projects for EL but have 2 ERP write-ups and essays to submit for various competitions.

Neko wrote:How many projects are P5 geppers supposed to do ? so far dd has told me she has to do 1) IRS 2) SS (but no idea what is to be done)

ya is abt the same for my ds' school also...for Maths, there will be 2 to 3 Maths Olympiad to participate but are not compulsory..nevertheless strongly encourage especially for geppers :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Neko » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:32 pm

vlim wrote:
TREX8 wrote:Hi Neko, based on what I can recall, for my DD:

ya is abt the same for my ds' school also...for Maths, there will be 2 to 3 Maths Olympiad to participate but are not compulsory..nevertheless strongly encourage especially for geppers :wink:

Thanks, TREX8 & vlim. May I know what is RAFT ?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP