All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 pm

thanks fruitplus and jtoh for your info :love:

Hope my ds can perform well for the DSA interview as he is no good in 'public' speaking and oral presentation... :pray:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby fruitplus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:18 pm

vlim wrote:thanks fruitplus and jtoh for your info :love:

Hope my ds can perform well for the DSA interview as he is no good in 'public' speaking and oral presentation... :pray:


vlim,

No need to worry, SA1 get average above 80%, interview ok will do. No need public speaking skill lah, just try to show a bit of confidence, haha =)

My son shy shy kind, I just asked him to go thru his presentation with me a few times. During the interview, 1 of the RI teachers commented that DS spoke too softly.

As for those 'funny/out of the box' (?) interview questions, as long as the kid can back up his choice with reasonable explanation, that will do.

1 of the questions that was asked by most of the interviewers (so you need to prepare your son to answer the question) :

Why did you choose our school ?

All the best to your son =)

fruitplus
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby vlim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 pm

fruitplus wrote:
vlim wrote:thanks fruitplus and jtoh for your info :love:

Hope my ds can perform well for the DSA interview as he is no good in 'public' speaking and oral presentation... :pray:


vlim,

No need to worry, SA1 get average above 80%, interview ok will do. No need public speaking skill lah, just try to show a bit of confidence, haha =)

My son shy shy kind, I just asked him to go thru his presentation with me a few times. During the interview, 1 of the RI teachers commented that DS spoke too softly.

As for those 'funny/out of the box' (?) interview questions, as long as the kid can back up his choice with reasonable explanation, that will do.

1 of the questions that was asked by most of the interviewers (so you need to prepare your son to answer the question) :

Why did you choose our school ?

All the best to your son =)

:kiss:
Thank you so much fruitplus....Ok will try to stay as cool as I can :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Zann » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 am

For GEP kids, RI or HCI(ispark) better? Why?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby TREX8 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

fruitplus wrote:Oh, BTW it might be a good idea to get flu jab for your kids, although it is only effective against 70~80% of the flu virus (still better than none, right?). I think the new flu jab only available around April or so.

But for my DS's case, he was sick on SA1 (Math), so I decided to get him a flu jab after SA1. Yet, even with the flu jab, he was sick on prelim (Scn and CL) and PSLE (Scn and HCL):cry: , so it seems to be due to stress ~ his teacher said so (although he didn't look stress to me :| )

I will get flu jab for my Sec 4 girl this year, just being Kiasu, again.


Hi fruitplus, tks for the tip on flu jab. I mentioned it last night to my hubby who is usually very bochap. Even he agrees to DD getting the flu jab. Will get it probably later in the year, when the vaccine for new strain is out.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:54 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby Herbie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 am

My DS felt sick last year during the PSLE oral (eng and mt) and maths paper so it is a good idea to get the kid to have a flu jab..

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby vlim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 am

thanks all for the tip and will bring my ds for the jab also :D in May..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Herbie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:38 am

Hi vlim,

Next year, I will be like you 'kan chong' over my girl taking her PSLE.
:cry:

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby vlim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,

Next year, I will be like you 'kan chong' over my girl taking her PSLE.
:cry:



hahaaaa...but at least u have experience it last yr...Me first time this year :| ...but now seems like got no time to worry for psle preparation as there are a few gep assignments linning up for submittion from now till mid yr... :| plus ca1 and sa1....and DSA

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby INNOVATE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:47 am

Do take time to enjoy the festive holidays. Schools will intensify their preparation after the first term and pupils will be asked to report back during June holidays for remedial.

From here, its chiong all the way!.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP