Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby ksme » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:48 am

vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,

Next year, I will be like you 'kan chong' over my girl taking her PSLE.
:cry:

hahaaaa...but at least u have experience it last yr...Me first time this year :| ...but now seems like got no time to worry for psle preparation as there are a few gep assignments linning up for submittion from now till mid yr... :| plus ca1 and sa1....and DSA

I am sure your son will be taking part in a few competition too, right? Thot there are some Maths Olympiad comp for P6?

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:51 am

ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,

Next year, I will be like you 'kan chong' over my girl taking her PSLE.
:cry:

hahaaaa...but at least u have experience it last yr...Me first time this year :| ...but now seems like got no time to worry for psle preparation as there are a few gep assignments linning up for submittion from now till mid yr... :| plus ca1 and sa1....and DSA

I am sure your son will be taking part in a few competition too, right? Thot there are some Maths Olympiad comp for P6?

oh ya....I suppose there are smop and riwmo for p6 :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 am

hi vlim,

I am sure I will be like you wondering whether my daughter is ready for PSLE since there is still so many on going projects... how to study.. may be i shld mia from home for the whole i next year... ha ha..

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:53 am

INNOVATE wrote:Do take time to enjoy the festive holidays. Schools will intensify their preparation after the first term and pupils will be asked to report back during June holidays for remedial.

From here, its chiong all the way!.

:lol: ..sound like preparing for war...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:55 am

vlim wrote:

Don't worry so much. Your son sounds like a really bright boy. He should be ok. Like Innovate says, enjoy the CNY first.

Next year it will be you telling us (this year's P5 parents like Herbie, me, and a few others) not to worry. :hugs:

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:59 am

ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:

Don't worry so much. Your son sounds like a really bright boy. He should be ok. Like Innovate says, enjoy the CNY first.

Next year it will be you telling us (this year's P5 parents like Herbie, me, and a few others) not to worry. :hugs:

:oops: baisah..no lah...still got to worry here and there lah...but now, at least he had control a bit his computer gaming time..so not so stress liao :wink:

hahaaa...ya next year is my turn to tell you not to be so worry liao .. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:45 pm

vlim wrote:
ksme wrote:
vlim wrote:

:oops: baisah..no lah...still got to worry here and there lah...but now, at least he had control a bit his computer gaming time..so not so stress liao :wink:

hahaaa...ya next year is my turn to tell you not to be so worry liao .. :wink:

Next year you'll be the one advising the new P6 parents that it's really not as stressful as you thought it would be. :D

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Neko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

For DSA, the minimun 80% is it for each individual subject or average of 4 subjs ?

dd's math is :roll: (last yr only managed 70s) but her other subjects pulled up her average to abv 80s. too bad SS is not counted cos she scored 90s for that.

if she does reasonably well for EL/HCL/SC but so-so in math (assuming math 70s but avr of 4 subj abv 80), will she still hv to sit for the test instead of prceeding directly to interview rd ?

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Neko wrote:For DSA, the minimun 80% is it for each individual subject or average of 4 subjs ?

dd's math is :roll: (last yr only managed 70s) but her other subjects pulled up her average to abv 80s. too bad SS is not counted cos she scored 90s for that.

if she does reasonably well for EL/HCL/SC but so-so in math (assuming math 70s but avr of 4 subj abv 80), will she still hv to sit for the test instead of prceeding directly to interview rd ?

It's more than 80% for average of all 4 subjects.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TREX8 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Neko, sounds like our DDs are similar. My DD's math is also her weakest link (she managed only 70 for SA2 last year) but managed to score 84% after averaging all 5 subjects, thanks to English, Science and Social Studies.

So very reassuring that 80% for P6 SA1 is average of 4 subjects. Baring any surprises (or should I say shock :shock: ) our DDs should be able to skip GAT :pray:

jtoh wrote:
Neko wrote:For DSA, the minimun 80% is it for each individual subject or average of 4 subjs ?

It's more than 80% for average of all 4 subjects.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres