Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TREX8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:43 am

When DD was doing her homework yesterday, she lamented to me that this year is SUPER boring! She said that the work is mundane and she misses doing research, especially since there is no more IRS/FPS this year.

So far, only her science teacher has asked them to do some research but it's not compulsory.

I know there are quite a few Math Olympiad competitions coming up but since DD's not participating in them, is there any other gep activities to excite her?

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Neko » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:35 pm

TREX8 wrote:Hi Neko, sounds like our DDs are similar. My DD's math is also her weakest link (she managed only 70 for SA2 last year) but managed to score 84% after averaging all 5 subjects, thanks to English, Science and Social Studies.

So very reassuring that 80% for P6 SA1 is average of 4 subjects. Baring any surprises (or should I say shock :shock: ) our DDs should be able to skip GAT :pray:

jtoh wrote:
Neko wrote:For DSA, the minimun 80% is it for each individual subject or average of 4 subjs ?

dd's math is :roll: (last yr only managed 70s) but her other subjects pulled up her average to abv 80s. too bad SS is not counted cos she scored 90s for that.

if she does reasonably well for EL/HCL/SC but so-so in math (assuming math 70s but avr of 4 subj abv 80), will she still hv to sit for the test instead of prceeding directly to interview rd ?

It's more than 80% for average of all 4 subjects.

:thankyou:

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:28 pm

TREX8 wrote:When DD was doing her homework yesterday, she lamented to me that this year is SUPER boring! She said that the work is mundane and she misses doing research, especially since there is no more IRS/FPS this year.

So far, only her science teacher has asked them to do some research but it's not compulsory.

I know there are quite a few Math Olympiad competitions coming up but since DD's not participating in them, is there any other gep activities to excite her?

Doesn't she have SS projects to do?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TREX8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:08 pm

jtoh wrote:
TREX8 wrote:When DD was doing her homework yesterday, she lamented to me that this year is SUPER boring! She said that the work is mundane and she misses doing research, especially since there is no more IRS/FPS this year.

Nothing much for SS too. She has her usual portfolio (2 entries, due in July) and a project using FPS techniques which they will do in class (also due in July, I think). However, no information has been given yet with regards to the project as they are supposed to focus on their portfolio first.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:46 pm

TREX8 wrote:
jtoh wrote:

Nothing much for SS too. She has her usual portfolio (2 entries, due in July) and a project using FPS techniques which they will do in class (also due in July, I think). However, no information has been given yet with regards to the project as they are supposed to focus on their portfolio first.

How abt English assignments? :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Also nothing special. Submitted one ERP. The rest are the usual revision papers and worksheets. Is she missing out on something?

vlim wrote:How abt English assignments? :roll:

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 pm

TREX8 wrote:Also nothing special. Submitted one ERP. The rest are the usual revision papers and worksheets. Is she missing out on something?

How about show and tell assignment? My ds is doing the presentation after cny and there after there are 2 more English assignments ...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 am

vlim wrote:
TREX8 wrote:Also nothing special. Submitted one ERP. The rest are the usual revision papers and worksheets. Is she missing out on something?

How about show and tell assignment? My ds is doing the presentation after cny and there after there are 2 more English assignments ...

Nope, nothing about show and tell... nor additional English assignments. Maybe teacher is givng them a good CNY break before giving them these assignments?

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:50 pm

TREX8 wrote:
vlim wrote:

Nope, nothing about show and tell... nor additional English assignments. Maybe teacher is givng them a good CNY break before giving them these assignments?

his teacher has given to them 3 English assignment lists with staggered datelines since school reopen and that make me :sweat:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:33 pm

vlim wrote:
TREX8 wrote:
vlim wrote:

his teacher has given to them 3 English assignment lists with staggered datelines since school reopen and that make me :sweat:

Dear vlim, now my turn to :sweat: because DD's teacher didn't assign anything for English except for ERP...

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres