Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby vlim » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 am

TREX8 wrote:Hi vlim, DD also received the assignment for Math - is it called "alternative math assessment"? At least, it sounds more interesting than worksheets/revision papers :wink:

DD's busy, but the "brain numbing" worksheet drilling kind of busy. Sometimes, I feel that kids need to have time to reflect on their mistakes before giving the next one. If there is no time to reflect and analyse what went wrong, how to improve?

vlim wrote:Hi Trex8, mine still busy lah...Just receive another assignment list for Maths subject. :faint: ...and my ds said to me last night :' mummy stress lah...'....
I also feel stress and pity him and can't sleep well last night :wink:

hi Trex8,
Ya the maths assignment is called the alternative maths assessment. Which topic is your dd choosing? My ds is choosing the pick's theorem. My ds has just finished his show and tell script to be presented tomorrow...so one assignment down :dancing: ...next would be the ERP thingy... :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:17 am

deleted

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 am

Not sure which topic is DD choosing. She said that they are not allowed to bring the list of topics home and supposed to just look through and do some background research before deciding. Think they have until next week to decide.

Her first ERP is done and submitted. But she didn't have any show and tell assignment - is ths part of English?

vlim wrote:hi Trex8,
Ya the maths assignment is called the alternative maths assessment. Which topic is your dd choosing? My ds is choosing the pick's theorem. My ds has just finished his show and tell script to be presented tomorrow...so one assignment down :dancing: ...next would be the ERP thingy... :roll:

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:06 pm

TREX8 wrote:Not sure which topic is DD choosing. She said that they are not allowed to bring the list of topics home and supposed to just look through and do some background research before deciding. Think they have until next week to decide.

Her first ERP is done and submitted. But she didn't have any show and tell assignment - is ths part of English?

vlim wrote:hi Trex8,

ya show and tell is part of English assignment..maybe she will have it later

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thmejlfm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi!

My DD is first year GEP. So, a lot of things I still not very sure.

At the moment, she seem like still quite free. Had started her first project, the 2D Family Tree.

Would like to check with the parents here. We intend to buy a laptop for our DD, as promised. But, worried that in future, the school might require them to have certain software in their computer. Will there be the case?

Some of my friends said that don't buy now, may be later the school will ask them to buy together with some software require in school.

Please advise. Thank you

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:30 pm

for my side..they only require powerpoint for presentation purposes at time plus microsoft words for typing of write up for English and Social Studies assignments...
And also go internet google search for some research... :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:42 pm

vlim wrote:for my side..they only require powerpoint for presentation purposes at time plus microsoft words for typing of write up for English and Social Studies assignments...

same here. DD's in Pri 6 now. So far, no mention of downloading or requirement for any particular software. Just the usual word processing software, presentation software and internet access for research.

BTW, vlim, DD has opted for something about statistics for her alternative math assignment.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TwaTau » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

thmejlfm wrote:Hi!

My DD is first year GEP. So, a lot of things I still not very sure.

At the moment, she seem like still quite free. Had started her first project, the 2D Family Tree.

Would like to check with the parents here. We intend to buy a laptop for our DD, as promised. But, worried that in future, the school might require them to have certain software in their computer. Will there be the case?

Some of my friends said that don't buy now, may be later the school will ask them to buy together with some software require in school.

Please advise. Thank you

Just the standard PC will do, with MS office suite, student version is good enough. It should come with powerpoint, word. You will need to get internet access, to do research and a email account which they can communicate with their classmates, for those group project. No special software require.

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:54 pm

TREX8 wrote:
vlim wrote:for my side..they only require powerpoint for presentation purposes at time plus microsoft words for typing of write up for English and Social Studies assignments...

same here. DD's in Pri 6 now. So far, no mention of downloading or requirement for any particular software. Just the usual word processing software, presentation software and internet access for research.

BTW, vlim, DD has opted for something about statistics for her alternative math assignment.

oic..anyway my ds has not started on the maths assignment yet. He just finished the ERP biography assignment and doing his SS portfolio...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby thmejlfm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Hi,

Thank you for all the replies.

Thanks for all the infos.

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP