Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby Neko » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:29 am

Hmm, for the mystery story, so far dd has only done the first draft in school. Commented everyone found the assignment tough.

Does anyone know anything about p5 science IDP project and ss project (both due in apr) ? Dd was told just the deadlines with absolutely no details about them.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:41 am

P5 got IDP project? I did not hear anything from dd leh, she just did a presentation on cell.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I've not heard anything about the Science IDP. Maybe that's why DD's been cruising....

So far, for Science they've done the cell presentation. Other than that, it's ERM (Extra Reading Materials) whereby they are to read & do write-up, eg a newspaper article and how it relates to practical Science. These are not graded though and there's no deadline.

For SS, there's one project due in April. DD just received the go-ahead for her proposal.

English - Mystery story (1st draft submitted) and ERP book review

IRS project

Didi I miss out anything?

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Neko » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 pm

What is the ss project about? A research report ? Is it sthg that will take up a lot of time?

Science IDP is due 18-21 apr for dd's school.

IRS still stuck at topic generating. Her initial choice of topic got rejected.

Neko
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Neko wrote:Hmm, for the mystery story, so far dd has only done the first draft in school. Commented everyone found the assignment tough.

Does anyone know anything about p5 science IDP project and ss project (both due in apr) ? Dd was told just the deadlines with absolutely no details about them.

For IDp, the students got to work on a natural phenomena and my ds took some video shoot for the short presentation . One of his classmates ask him what is a natural phenomena.. He said,'for eg if u ( who is pretty fat) and another boy would to fall from a tall building, u will reach the ground first ....' :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ksme » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Neko wrote:What is the ss project about? A research report ? Is it sthg that will take up a lot of time?

Science IDP is due 18-21 apr for dd's school.

IRS still stuck at topic generating. Her initial choice of topic got rejected.

SS portfolio 1 - either create something new (eg game, poem etc) or do a review on an article or series of articles etc, all to be related to SS subject. Also includes the reflection on the work done.

Teacher should be handing out the instructions and rubrics soon. We just got ours this week.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:37 pm

KSmom8 wrote:My child is writing the mystery story. 1st draft - whole class did not meet the 65% benchmark.

Since the start of the year, he has been very busy... lots of math worksheets, a few science and ss research / homework....and the usual chinese homework.

Have not seen the ERP list though.

Hi KSmom8, do you know when the submission date is for myster story and how long do they have to write? Is this actually ERP book review?
So far I only know ERP homework but not 'mystery story', I blur.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm

For my dd's school, due date for her first draft for mystery story is end of the month...

What does IDP stand for??

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Neko wrote:Hmm, for the mystery story, so far dd has only done the first draft in school. Commented everyone found the assignment tough.

Is "mystery story" CSI report (he wrote so fast and I have not even know what it is he click sent his email )? I have not seen my ds write mystery story leh ...

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ksme » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 pm

Herbie wrote:
What does IDP stand for??

IDP is Interest Driven Project. According to the school's briefing at beginning of year, the details will be announced end of term 1 to be submitted in Apr. Think the timing is what was posted earlier by Neko.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge