Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TREX8 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:19 pm

ksme wrote:Hi. May I find out more about this leadership camp? What kind of activities do they do at the camp? Is it a stay in camp? Who conducts the camp? Any advantage of going for the camp or disadvantages of not being selected for the camp?

Have not heard my ds mention it.

Leadership Camp is an annual camp organised by GEP Branch but outsourced to a vendor. It is a 3D2N residential camp held in Serembun (not too sure about the venue but it is the MOE campsite located somewhere in Lim Chu Kang, I think). It was held in the last week of June hols for last year. There would be a briefing session by GEP branch prior to the camp.

Not too sure about the exact activities but I knew that there were water activities, a long hike, pitching and sleeping in tents for one night etc. Each camper was given a booklet for them to record their reflections, learning points etc and each camper came back with a certificate.

Not too sure about the advantage of attending the camp. For us, we were glad that DD's been selected as we knew she would enjoy these activities (although DD is very quiet, she likes outdoor and challenging activities) and there would be many learning points (life skills/social skills like working with others, being tolerant of differences and agreeing to disagree etc). In fact, she made a firm friend with one of ther group mates from another school and they are still corresponding via emails.

Not sure how much this certificate will help towards DD's DSA but we are going to include it in her portfolio as all her other "accolades" tend to be academic in nature.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ksme » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:02 pm

TREX8 wrote:
ksme wrote:Hi. May I find out more about this leadership camp? What kind of activities do they do at the camp? Is it a stay in camp? Who conducts the camp? Any advantage of going for the camp or disadvantages of not being selected for the camp?

Have not heard my ds mention it.

Leadership Camp is an annual camp organised by GEP Branch but outsourced to a vendor. It is a 3D2N residential camp held in Serembun (not too sure about the venue but it is the MOE campsite located somewhere in Lim Chu Kang, I think). It was held in the last week of June hols for last year. There would be a briefing session by GEP branch prior to the camp.

Not too sure about the exact activities but I knew that there were water activities, a long hike, pitching and sleeping in tents for one night etc. Each camper was given a booklet for them to record their reflections, learning points etc and each camper came back with a certificate.

Not too sure about the advantage of attending the camp. For us, we were glad that DD's been selected as we knew she would enjoy these activities (although DD is very quiet, she likes outdoor and challenging activities) and there would be many learning points (life skills/social skills like working with others, being tolerant of differences and agreeing to disagree etc). In fact, she made a firm friend with one of ther group mates from another school and they are still corresponding via emails.

Not sure how much this certificate will help towards DD's DSA but we are going to include it in her portfolio as all her other "accolades" tend to be academic in nature.

Thanks Trex8 for clarifying. Good luck to your DD for her DSA. I am sure she will do well.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:09 pm

hi trex8, yeap there are more kids than places available... .

i dun know much abt the leadership camp.

i hope she gets to go... :pray:
Last edited by Herbie on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Herbie wrote:hi trex8, yeap there are more kids than places available... i think the venue is out of singapore.. so very hot..

i dun know much abt the leadership camp, she was chosen cos she is a leader in her class as well as cca..

i hope she gets to go... :pray:

Herbie, you dd's doing very well. :)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Herbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:32 pm

Hi jtoh,

thanks... :celebrate:

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Trex8, i have sent you a PM.. :D

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi jtoh,

thanks... :celebrate:

:D

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TREX8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am

ksme wrote:Thanks Trex8 for clarifying. Good luck to your DD for her DSA. I am sure she will do well.

Thanks, ksme. Will share more information re DSA after DD has gone through.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TREX8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am

Herbie wrote:Trex8, i have sent you a PM.. :D

Have replied. Cheers!

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 am

Hi trex8,
my ds was so worried just now before going to sleep because of tomorrow hcl paper. this is the first time I saw him so worried ... psle stress?...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge