Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby TwaTau » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:09 pm

vlim wrote:Hi Trex8,
My ds said 'ok'...so i supposed not too hard :roll:

ya still got one more paper to go...but this weekend he has to continue doing the SS portfolio write up and EL biography write up (drafts) which are to be handed up next week :|

What's new! They always get cramp with some much things that sometimes DS also lost track. That why I come here often to make sure he didn't miss anything! :hugs:

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi, Anyone has any idea on the dateline for submission of P5 IRS? :?

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:52 pm

TwaTau wrote:

ya still got one more paper to go...but this weekend he has to continue doing the SS portfolio write up and EL biography write up (drafts) which are to be handed up next week :|

What's new! They always get cramp with some much things that sometimes DS also lost track. That why I come here often to make sure he didn't miss anything! :hugs:

ya...that's y i am so panicky as scared he would miss any of the dateline :imconstipated:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:44 pm

vlim wrote:
TwaTau wrote:

ya...that's y i am so panicky as scared he would miss any of the dateline :imconstipated:

I got DD started on the practice of writing deadlines down in her organiser since P4 but of course, there has to be constant nagging from me for her to update her organiser and to check it daily.

Then, of course, typical of kiasu mum, I also have my own little book with all her deadlines and I will drop hints like "Anything important coming up next week?", "When is XYZ project due?", "Got what CA next week, huh?" and if DD returns with a blur look, it will typically escalate to a scolding session where I will be lecturing her on her responsibility as a student and "Your mum is not here just to remember your deadline for you, hor!"

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:15 pm

vlim wrote:
Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:Hi trex8,
my ds was so worried just now before going to sleep because of tomorrow hcl paper. this is the first time I saw him so worried ... psle stress?...

Hi Vlim, just wondering if this is GEP common test or taking togather with mainstream in your school? My ds P5 also has HCL common test but I thot it was only a school "in-house" kinda of practics small test only.

Hi Zann,
It is their ct1. The p6 gep seems to have their subjects ct1(all subjects except SS) earlier then p4 and p5 gep. P4 and P5 geppers have their ct1 for all subjects are at around april/may. P6 gep ct1 is around this time same as mainstream ca1. Then in April/may, P6 gep will have their sa1.

and that sa1 ends all the GEP tasks? After that will only be doing mainstram prelim follow by PSLE ? or still there are other GEP project /SS to busy with?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi zann,
From the schedule table given, confirm Ss project will continue till July. The rest of the gep curriculum should end by sa1... Someone pls correct me if I am wrong...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi, Anyone has any idea on the dateline for submission of P5 IRS? :?

I was wondering abt that. Cos this one seems to involve more work... DD said deadline not given yet, tho she handed in some preliminary research today.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TwaTau » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:34 pm

The timeframe is about right.
vlim wrote:Hi zann,
From the schedule table given, confirm Ss project will continue till July. The rest of the gep curriculum should end by sa1... Someone pls correct me if I am wrong...

TwaTau
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby TREX8 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:02 am

TwaTau wrote:The timeframe is about right.
vlim wrote:Hi zann,

that is what I understand too. GEP curriculum for the 4 PSLE subjects should terminate with SA1 (mid May) so that the kids would have time to prepare for PSLE as well as in time for the grades to be available for DSA application.

There is some deadline for Social Studies portfolio/project is in July. I think SS can be later cos for P6, there is no marks allocated but the kids are given a grade instead - Distinction, Merit and Pass (or something like that).

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:52 am

Info on IDP and another SS project just released a few days ago.. P5 really has to do alot of project work..

My dd's march holiday will be busy with training for competition and cca.. no rest relax..

:cry:

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP