All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Aug 12,

Post by musette » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:57 pm

Yup, the avalanche has started! Is there another SS project? So far my dd has been told only of the Merger and Separation project.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Post by vlim » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:19 pm

musette wrote:Yup, the avalanche has started! Is there another SS project? So far my dd has been told only of the Merger and Separation project.


so good... we already burried under the snow... :| :nosebleed:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 24,

Post by Zann » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Herbie wrote:Info on IDP and another SS project just released a few days ago.. P5 really has to do alot of project work..

My dd's march holiday will be busy with training for competition and cca.. no rest relax..

:cry:


OMG!!! OMG!!! today then my ds receive Mystery Story task, IDP, SS projects and a HCL holiday compo. :imdrowning:

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 30,
Total Likes:10

Post by MotherHen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:52 am

vlim wrote:
musette wrote:Yup, the avalanche has started! Is there another SS project? So far my dd has been told only of the Merger and Separation project.


so good... we already burried under the snow... :| :nosebleed:


And I have a feeling that more holiday homework will be piled on today... :cry:

I saw dd drawing up a list of homework/project she has to do last night, then started attacking part of the holiday homework. Reason? She wants to be able to sleep in late, watch TV and do nothing during the hols. Hear already a bit 心酸...

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Aug 12,

Post by musette » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 am

Zann wrote: OMG!!! OMG!!! today then my ds receive Mystery Story task, IDP, SS projects and a HCL holiday compo.


Haven't the kids already submitted their Mystery Story draft? Also wanna check, is there another SS project besides Merger and Separation?

My dd does not have HCL compo but English compo to write. She has HCL mainstream exam paper to do. Also prepare IvP presentation for Term 2 week 1 and the IDP. :faint:


MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Mar 30,
Total Likes:10

Post by MotherHen » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:21 pm

musette wrote:
Zann wrote: OMG!!! OMG!!! today then my ds receive Mystery Story task, IDP, SS projects and a HCL holiday compo.


Haven't the kids already submitted their Mystery Story draft? Also wanna check, is there another SS project besides Merger and Separation?

My dd does not have HCL compo but English compo to write. She has HCL mainstream exam paper to do. Also prepare IvP presentation for Term 2 week 1 and the IDP. :faint:


For dd, mystery story 1st draft submitted, but no feedback yet. Two SS projects so far - 1st one is a write-up on an artifact, 2nd one is the Merger & Separation.

Also received the Science IDP, and hv to get going on the IRS, which needs so much survey done... oh no....

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 24,

Post by Zann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:20 pm

ksme wrote:Maybe it is the CSI report your ds did. I think mystery story is 1 of the key English assignment this year. My Ds's first draft is around 1000 words.


There come our Mystery Story now. :roll: word limit is 700. Its limit not min no. of words. So is it ok to write more than 700 words ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 990
Joined: Mon Nov 24,

Post by Zann » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

MotherHen wrote:
musette wrote:
Haven't the kids already submitted their Mystery Story draft? Also wanna check, is there another SS project besides Merger and Separation?

My dd does not have HCL compo but English compo to write. She has HCL mainstream exam paper to do. Also prepare IvP presentation for Term 2 week 1 and the IDP. :faint:


For dd, mystery story 1st draft submitted, but no feedback yet. Two SS projects so far - 1st one is a write-up on an artifact, 2nd one is the Merger & Separation.

Also received the Science IDP, and hv to get going on the IRS, which needs so much survey done... oh no....


May I just confirm for SS write-up on artefact. There are two options and students need just to choose one out of the two options, right? Instruction is not very clear on this.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Mar 02,
Total Likes:1

Post by ksme » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Zann wrote:
ksme wrote:Maybe it is the CSI report your ds did. I think mystery story is 1 of the key English assignment this year. My Ds's first draft is around 1000 words.


There come our Mystery Story now. :roll: word limit is 700. Its limit not min no. of words. So is it ok to write more than 700 words ?


Hi Zann,
Not sure whether it is ok to write more than 700 words. For DS' teacher, the last instruction is that there is no limits to number of words. If teacher has told them the limit is 700 words, may be better to stick to that. But it is my opinion. You may want to consider lah.

ksme
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Mar 02,
Total Likes:1

Post by ksme » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Zann wrote:
MotherHen wrote:
musette wrote:
Haven't the kids already submitted their Mystery Story draft? Also wanna check, is there another SS project besides Merger and Separation?

My dd does not have HCL compo but English compo to write. She has HCL mainstream exam paper to do. Also prepare IvP presentation for Term 2 week 1 and the IDP. :faint:


For dd, mystery story 1st draft submitted, but no feedback yet. Two SS projects so far - 1st one is a write-up on an artifact, 2nd one is the Merger & Separation.

Also received the Science IDP, and hv to get going on the IRS, which needs so much survey done... oh no....


May I just confirm for SS write-up on artefact. There are two options and students need just to choose one out of the two options, right? Instruction is not very clear on this.


Sorry, don't understand your question. Do you mean whether to "create" an artefact or "select" an artefact to comment on? If so, yes, either create or select. After the commentary, need to do a reflection too. Is this the same as what your ds' received as instructions?

Post Reply