Must Go
35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Postby 8228 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:40 pm

I called MOE. The results will be out this Thursday or next Monday.

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sandunes » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:39 pm

IDP presented and SS Project handed up. {Strike off} :D

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:12 am

yeap, my dd also submitted her ss project and idp.next they will be workin on adv. Project submission seems endless.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 am

Herbie wrote:yeap, my dd also submitted her ss project and idp.next they will be workin on adv. Project submission seems endless.

I know. Just when I thought something is done, dd comes home with another piece of work. Goodness, when can they finally start to concentrate on revision...?

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 am

MotherHen wrote:
Herbie wrote:yeap, my dd also submitted her ss project and idp.next they will be workin on adv. Project submission seems endless.

I know. Just when I thought something is done, dd comes home with another piece of work. Goodness, when can they finally start to concentrate on revision...?

Hi all, kindly advise me what will be the topics for next week P5 investigative maths ct1,part 3 . Till now still there is no clue from ds sch.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby sandunes » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 am

Zann wrote:
MotherHen wrote:

Hi all, kindly advise me what will be the topics for next week P5 investigative maths ct1,part 3 . Till now still there is no clue from ds sch.

What's Part 3?

So far, I do not keep track of Math as Ds can manage on his own.
I helped by being his audience (if he has a presentation) like 100x *roll eyes* and read his assignment.
He has to re-do his IRS topic. I think most of his classmates are going onto their proposal 2 and here he is, still not confirmed on topic yet. :roll:

According to ds, they were given a mock math test ytd. So the kids should know what they need to work on for next week.

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I have no idea abt part 3, i need to ask DD later when she comes home.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: All About GEP

Postby Faun » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow, new upgrade to Kiasu website is very nice... Thanks To Chief and Company.

Okay, Math Common Test Part 3 is for investigation questions only.

Part1 is for short answer questions, no calculator allowed
Part2 is for problem sums (section C) type, calculator allowed.
I'm sure the school has given you all the format, please check your file.

For the coming Investigation test, I think it's mainly on Sequence and Series. Make sure your kids know, Arithmetic Progressing, Geometric Progression. Also the combo type, where it involve linear and quadratic formula in the progressions, ie those of the form an+b and an^2 + bn + c The quadratic form is quite hard to understand if they don't know algebra so try to get them to know some basic algebra will help a lot. If sequence involve n^3 term, I think they will give simpler sequence or just ask for next few terms. Just my observation from my kid's worksheet and journal.

Hope this helps.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi! My DD is in P4 this year. So far, she only did her ss project during the 1st term, the family tree. And now, she has a group of two, science project - solar cooker.

THis week- Tomorrow or Thursday, they have to submit the project. But, till now, they still have not tested the cooker.
Both of them still like so relax. I was so worried for them.

I would like to know the pass mark for the GEP is it 70, not 50 for the subjects? My DD told me was 70, so she didn't get her passing mark for her part 1 Maths common test.

My DD told me the teacher only taught them about 5 mins of the maths, then the rest they have to do it on their own.

Is it correct?
:?

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:07 am

Thanks Faun. Ds school tr does not allow them to bring back mock test papers. Seems that there is no way home revision could be done now. Check his Journal and worksheets since begining of year and found nothing on sequence and nth term in quadratic. :roll:

Wonder if the other GEP centres allow students to bring back mock test papers for revision?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge