35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:14 am

thmejlfm wrote:Hi! My DD is in P4 this year. So far, she only did her ss project during the 1st term, the family tree. And now, she has a group of two, science project - solar cooker.

THis week- Tomorrow or Thursday, they have to submit the project. But, till now, they still have not tested the cooker.
Both of them still like so relax. I was so worried for them.

I would like to know the pass mark for the GEP is it 70, not 50 for the subjects? My DD told me was 70, so she didn't get her passing mark for her part 1 Maths common test.

My DD told me the teacher only taught them about 5 mins of the maths, then the rest they have to do it on their own.

Is it correct?
:?

All passing marks should be 50/100, but if the child wants to take up HMT at P5 the cut-off for MT is 70 and/or the other subjs above 70... something like that..sorry can't really recall, they should brief you during parent meeting.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re:

Postby Zann » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:19 am

SS test falls on 9 May but now it becomes a school holiday due to polling day on 7 May (sat). Anyone been told when is the new date for SS test ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Re:

Postby MotherHen » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:44 am

Zann wrote:SS test falls on 9 May but now it becomes a school holiday due to polling day on 7 May (sat). Anyone been told when is the new date for SS test ?

DD says change to Tue 10 May

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 am

thmejlfm wrote:Hi! My DD is in P4 this year. So far, she only did her ss project during the 1st term, the family tree. And now, she has a group of two, science project - solar cooker.

THis week- Tomorrow or Thursday, they have to submit the project. But, till now, they still have not tested the cooker.
Both of them still like so relax. I was so worried for them.

I would like to know the pass mark for the GEP is it 70, not 50 for the subjects? My DD told me was 70, so she didn't get her passing mark for her part 1 Maths common test.

My DD told me the teacher only taught them about 5 mins of the maths, then the rest they have to do it on their own.

Is it correct?
:?

The baseline for some of the subjects is 70%. So in that sense it's like a pass mark.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Otah » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 am

Zann wrote:Thanks Faun. Ds school tr does not allow them to bring back mock test papers. Seems that there is no way home revision could be done now. Check his Journal and worksheets since begining of year and found nothing on sequence and nth term in quadratic. :roll:

Wonder if the other GEP centres allow students to bring back mock test papers for revision?

If you find the practice papers for GEP at roadside vendor or tuition centre offering such tuition one day, they are no longer challenging and meant for GEP.

Otah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 am

Hi, my DS has to decide to join either the Primary Math Masterclass or the P5 Leadership Camp. The programme dates for both clash. His teachers have given him till tomorrow morning to tell them his reply.

My son likes maths but my inclination is for him to have some exposure to the outdoor activities camp.

Would much appreciate it if I could get some opinions/feedback on both the programmes, especially from those who have knowledge of the details of either or both programmes, or someones whose kids have joined either or both programmes previously.

Just by merely looking at the brief descriptions of the programmes doesn't really give me a good idea of which programmes is more benefiting. :?

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:37 am

Buzydad wrote:Hi, my DS has to decide to join either the Primary Math Masterclass or the P5 Leadership Camp. The programme dates for both clash. His teachers have given him till tomorrow morning to tell them his reply.

My son likes maths but my inclination is for him to have some exposure to the outdoor activities camp.

Would much appreciate it if I could get some opinions/feedback on both the programmes, especially from those who have knowledge of the details of either or both programmes, or someones whose kids have joined either or both programmes previously.

Just by merely looking at the brief descriptions of the programmes doesn't really give me a good idea of which programmes is more benefiting. :?

of course Pri Master maths class is better! It is for top 30 students whereas leadership course is just another leadership course....

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:30 pm

vlim wrote:
Buzydad wrote:Hi, my DS has to decide to join either the Primary Math Masterclass or the P5 Leadership Camp. The programme dates for both clash. His teachers have given him till tomorrow morning to tell them his reply.

of course Pri Master maths class is better! It is for top 30 students whereas leadership course is just another leadership course....

Hi vlim, many thanks for your advice.

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sandunes » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:38 pm

I have the same dilemma! Will have to wait till ds to come back and discuss...

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Buzydad » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

sandunes wrote:

I have the same dilemma! Will have to wait till ds to come back and discuss...

I think you may agree with me that from our perspective, the GEP branch (HQ) should have tried best to arrange for the 2 programmes to be held at different times (like the previous years). But, well, the officer in the GEP branch said just choose 1 of of them, when my DS's math teacher called him up to explore if there could be any better way other than dropping 1 of them..

Buzydad
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP