35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Wed May 04, 2011 7:41 am

thmejlfm wrote:Thank you. vlim. BTW, what is TLL? :? :?

It stands for The Learning Lab

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed May 04, 2011 7:46 am

vlim wrote:

I am not sure whether they teach according to gep syllabus or mainstream syllabus but lessons set at higher standard. If u can them up for clarification :D

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:09 am

vlim wrote:
vlim wrote:

I am not sure whether they teach according to gep syllabus or mainstream syllabus but lessons set at higher standard. If u can them up for clarification :D

DD attends TLL for Math. Topics taught is similar to what they are doing for GEP. Also have worksheets and mock tests at mainstream format but much more challenging.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thmejlfm » Wed May 04, 2011 11:45 am

Thank you for all the replies.

My DD at the moment don't really have much times for extra tuition.

One week, she has to stay back in school, 3 days (Tues - 5:30pm, Wed-3pm and Thurs - 2:30pm)

Mon - Piano, Tue & Sat - Kumon. Sat - Ballet.

Friday, came back from school had a lot of homework to do. Only Sunday is a free day for her to relax. Don't know how to squeeze in the Maths tuition. :?

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed May 04, 2011 12:18 pm

thmejlfm, you have to decide lor, which is more important, maths tuition vs other activities.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed May 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Herbie wrote:thmejlfm, you have to decide lor, which is more important, maths tuition vs other activities.

yap I agree with Herbie. If I were u, I will take away the kumons lesson since it is not helping your dd in her gep maths and get it replace by TLL as recommended by Trex8.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TREX8 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:57 pm

vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:thmejlfm, you have to decide lor, which is more important, maths tuition vs other activities.

yap I agree with Herbie. If I were u, I will take away the kumons lesson since it is not helping your dd in her gep maths and get it replace by TLL as recommended by Trex8.

Have a discussion with your DD and see what she wants and whether she thinks having math tuition will benefit her. If the kids themselves want to take up the extra programmes on their own, then they don't feel tired.

For DD, attending piano lessons and practising piano is her way of relaxation. So she doesn't think of them as classes or chores.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby clover18 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi, my dd is in p4 gep. could you share how to prepare the kids for social studies ct? there isnt much worksheets or materials to 'study'...dd seems quite relaxed this SA1 because no past year papers to practise, unlike previous years.

clover18
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu May 05, 2011 6:24 pm

hi thmejlfm,

Just to clarify i am not suggesting that you go for maths tuition at TLL. My DD has left TLL.

Tx

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allamanda » Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 pm

I thought my P4 daughter is weak in math as she did badly for his heuristic part of math test papers. But I later realised that she is not thinking hard enough and not serious in her work.. So I send her to matharena (http://matharena.wordpress.com) last week to try out 3 lessons of olympaid math. She has to tell me whether she wants to continue after the lessons. I think she enjoyed her 1st lesson very much.

Too many programmes will make her tiring, in turn will affect her sch work. As long as she can meet the 70% passing mark I am happy liao.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres