All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Fri May 13, 2011 3:41 pm

jtoh wrote:Hi vlim, I'm sure he'll be fine. Does RI conduct its interviews in groups or individually?


huh....I should be the one that's asking u this question jtoh :wink: ....your ds last yr p6 right?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11309
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Fri May 13, 2011 5:08 pm

vlim wrote:
jtoh wrote:Hi vlim, I'm sure he'll be fine. Does RI conduct its interviews in groups or individually?


huh....I should be the one that's asking u this question jtoh :wink: ....your ds last yr p6 right?


I'm more familiar with girls' schools. :)

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 pm

jtoh wrote:
vlim wrote:
jtoh wrote:Hi vlim, I'm sure he'll be fine. Does RI conduct its interviews in groups or individually?


huh....I should be the one that's asking u this question jtoh :wink: ....your ds last yr p6 right?


I'm more familiar with girls' schools. :)


oic.. :lol:

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16,

Re: All About GEP

Post by TREX8 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi vlim, my DD is doing DSA for RGS. You've mentioned that your DS has already submitted his application online - that means, he did it without including his SA1 results, right? Then how do we submit the SA1 results? Via online or hardcopy?

tks for sharing.

vlim wrote:
jtoh wrote:All the best vlim! I'm sure your son will do fine. :) I guess he's already submitted his application online?


thanks jtoh..and hope that he won't be too nervous during the interviews.. :xedfingers: ..Ya, he has submitted RI online application and next week will got to submit the hardcopy documents...HCI online opens on 21/5 only..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi trex8,
Upon online submission , u will be given a password to go to your online application to add on or amend within, I think a week to ten days from your date of submittion.. Or u can email the admission office or go direct to the general office to update plus give hardcopy.
Sorry I am very forgetful, cannot remember exactly. But feel free to contact the admission officer to clarify.


jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11309
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Sat May 14, 2011 1:52 pm

TREX8 wrote:Hi vlim, my DD is doing DSA for RGS. You've mentioned that your DS has already submitted his application online - that means, he did it without including his SA1 results, right? Then how do we submit the SA1 results? Via online or hardcopy?

tks for sharing.

vlim wrote:
jtoh wrote:All the best vlim! I'm sure your son will do fine. :) I guess he's already submitted his application online?


thanks jtoh..and hope that he won't be too nervous during the interviews.. :xedfingers: ..Ya, he has submitted RI online application and next week will got to submit the hardcopy documents...HCI online opens on 21/5 only..


Hi Trex8,

Previously, there was no option to amend your application after submission. So SA1 results were submitted in hard copy. Not sure if things have changed.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16,

Re: All About GEP

Post by TREX8 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 pm

Tks, vlim and jtoh,

remembered reading somewhere that GE kids are advised to apply before 26 May. So had wanted to do online submission on 26 May after receiving SA1 results (thought it is neater to do everything together) and submit the hardcopies within 5 working days. However, something cropped up and I need to be out of town and wanted to get it done before I fly off.

just checked with DD and she said that she would be able to get her personal statement out by this weekend. So will do online application during the weekend and see what is advised about submission of SA1 results.

vlim wrote:Hi trex8,
Upon online submission , u will be given a password to go to your online application to add on or amend within, I think a week to ten days from your date of submittion.. Or u can email the admission office or go direct to the general office to update plus give hardcopy.
Sorry I am very forgetful, cannot remember exactly. But feel free to contact the admission officer to clarify.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Sat May 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi trex8,
I have checked with RI admission officer and she said no need to submit personal statement. So most likely my ds will submit without it.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Sep 16,

Re: All About GEP

Post by TREX8 » Sat May 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Maybe the personal statement is something that RGS ask for, and not RI. The following is extracted from rgs website - http://www.raffles.sg/dsasec1rgs.html

A personal statement:

On a separate sheet of paper, respond to one of the following:

1. The Raffles Programme is committed to the development of the person, the thinker, the leader and the pioneer. Describe a situation from your experience that required you to uphold a value or principle dear to you. Tell us what difficulties you encountered (if any) and how you dealt with them.

2. Write about something that you have accomplished (other than grades) in school or in the community, which you are proud of. Describe how you went about achieving it and why you think it was significant.

This personal statement should be hand written in no more than 500 words. After you have completed it, please sign your name as an attestation that it is your own authentic and original work.

vlim wrote:Hi trex8,
I have checked with RI admission officer and she said no need to submit personal statement. So most likely my ds will submit without it.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Sat May 14, 2011 5:06 pm

oic...

Post Reply