BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Sat May 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Zann wrote:
vlim wrote:hi jtoh,
my ds will be trying for RI and HCI.

And your first choice is ?

emm...most likely will be RI as it is much near to our house...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Sun May 15, 2011 8:48 am

TREX8 wrote:Tks, vlim and jtoh,

remembered reading somewhere that GE kids are advised to apply before 26 May. So had wanted to do online submission on 26 May after receiving SA1 results (thought it is neater to do everything together) and submit the hardcopies within 5 working days. However, something cropped up and I need to be out of town and wanted to get it done before I fly off.

just checked with DD and she said that she would be able to get her personal statement out by this weekend. So will do online application during the weekend and see what is advised about submission of SA1 results.

vlim wrote:Hi trex8,
Upon online submission , u will be given a password to go to your online application to add on or amend within, I think a week to ten days from your date of submittion.. Or u can email the admission office or go direct to the general office to update plus give hardcopy.
Sorry I am very forgetful, cannot remember exactly. But feel free to contact the admission officer to clarify.

hi Trex8,

I think the personal statement is for RGS only, not RI. Just have your dd prepare the personal statement and submit what you can online first. Then submit the hardcopy of the SA1 results as and when that is available. And good luck!

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TREX8 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 am

Hi, I have just done dsa application for RGS (http://www.rgs.edu.sg/dsa/year1/) for DD online. Just to share a few things:

1. After completing the online application form, you will be asked to download and print a cover page for you to fill in personal particulars and paste your DD's photograph. This needs to be submitted as hardcopy.

2. Besides the cover page, you will need to include
- a personal statement (refer to website for topics to respond to, and it should be hand written, not more than 500 words and signed by your DD to attest that it is her own authentic and original work).

- Certified true copy of P5 (yr end) and P6 (mid yr) exam results. If P6 results are not in yet, you can send the results later either by hand or by post

3. Hard copies, together with $50 registration fee should reach RGS within 5 working days after completing online application.

4. I've called RGS about whether is there a need to submit certificates as proof of achievements during competitions. RGS said no need at this stage of application.

If you need to call RGS, the number is 67371845.

TREX8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Anyone attending the P5 leadership camp parents briefing this evening???
:smile:

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sandunes » Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Herbie wrote:Anyone attending the P5 leadership camp parents briefing this evening???
:smile:

Supposed to go but now don't need to.
I am sure there will be many questions regarding "building of the rafts". :lol:

sandunes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby yukilei » Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 am

Dear all,

I need help. My DS is currently in P5 GEP. He just got back his English paper & he failed his English. His other subjects are ok. All above 80%. Can anyone share with me where can I send him to in order to improve his english. I'm very worried now. If he did not pass his baseline, will he be promoted to P6?

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby vlim » Fri May 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Why don't u clarify with your ds form teacher directly....

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby yukilei » Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

I've emailed his english teacher. Am waiting for her reply....

yukilei
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby jtoh » Fri May 20, 2011 2:00 pm

yukilei,

I can't remember the promotion criteria from P5 to P6 GEP but I don't think they've ever retained a GEP student before.

Why don't you check directly with the teacher and also ask his English teacher what exactly are his weak areas.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres