35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP (pri 4 Math)

Postby comfy » Mon May 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi parents of Primary 4 children, may I know whether your child has received any Holiday homework for Math? TIA.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: All About GEP

Postby thmejlfm » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

no, my DD don't have. Only Chinese and English.

thmejlfm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Zann » Mon May 30, 2011 9:50 pm

comfy wrote:Hi parents of Primary 4 children, may I know whether your child has received any Holiday homework for Math? TIA.

I recall last yr June holiday for my ds was very 'eng'. Oh yes, just make sure your child read Chalotte Web.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby acforfamily » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 pm

jtoh wrote:The time and effort spent on DSA isn't that significant. For GEP students, it's usually just an interview or two. So shouldn't impact PSLE prep.

I thought that for some schools, they will make them sit through tests, or even camps before they get an interview?

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jtoh » Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 pm

acforfamily wrote:
jtoh wrote:The time and effort spent on DSA isn't that significant. For GEP students, it's usually just an interview or two. So shouldn't impact PSLE prep.

I thought that for some schools, they will make them sit through tests, or even camps before they get an interview?

It's usually just an interview for RI,RGS, HCI, NYGH and probably DHS, ACSI etc... unless your SA1 performance isn't that good then you'll have to go for GAT. NUSH and NJC have camps and tests.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Otah » Tue May 31, 2011 9:57 am

jtoh wrote:
acforfamily wrote:

It's usually just an interview for RI,RGS, HCI, NYGH and probably DHS, ACSI etc... unless your SA1 performance isn't that good then you'll have to go for GAT. NUSH and NJC have camps and tests.

Understand ACSI requires all applicant to take High Ability Test whether GEP or not. Anyone can confirm?

Otah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ngbrdad » Tue May 31, 2011 8:29 pm

For this year, RI stated in the application form that those with combined average above 80 for P6 GEP CA1 and SA1 do not have to sit for the GAT test. The rest will have to take the test.

For ACSI they stated on their website/form that everyone including GEP will have to take the test.
However don't think that many GE kids will apply for ACSI, most applying for RI and HCI.
In fact people at the DSA thread says quite a few of ACS primary GEP will apply for RI DSA.

Was considering ACSI as an option for my DS but decided against it in the end.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

ngbrdad wrote:Was considering ACSI as an option for my DS but decided against it in the end.

Can share your reasons for dropping ACSI?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 pm

ngbrdad wrote:Was considering ACSI as an option for my DS but decided against it in the end.

Can share your reasons for dropping ACSI?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Tue May 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Zann wrote:
comfy wrote:Hi parents of Primary 4 children, may I know whether your child has received any Holiday homework for Math? TIA.

I recall last yr June holiday for my ds was very 'eng'. Oh yes, just make sure your child read Chalotte Web.

Thks thmejlfm and Zann, for your reply. I was just wondering is it the same for other GEP sch students. Zann, may I know why must read Chalotte Web, is it they have to do book review about it later on?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres