All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby ngbrdad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 am

It the one with the lowest COP for PSLE S1 among the schools on our DSA list. So when needed to cut the number down, it's eliminated.

ngbrdad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP (pri 4 Math)

Postby Zann » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:08 pm

comfy wrote:
Zann wrote:
comfy wrote:Hi parents of Primary 4 children, may I know whether your child has received any Holiday homework for Math? TIA.


I recall last yr June holiday for my ds was very 'eng'. Oh yes, just make sure your child read Chalotte Web.

Thks thmejlfm and Zann, for your reply. I was just wondering is it the same for other GEP sch students. Zann, may I know why must read Chalotte Web, is it they have to do book review about it later on?


Oops! it is only for P4 GEP only. Are you referring to P4 GEP?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP (pri 4 Math)

Postby comfy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Zann wrote:
comfy wrote:
Zann wrote:I recall last yr June holiday for my ds was very 'eng'. Oh yes, just make sure your child read Chalotte Web.

Thks thmejlfm and Zann, for your reply. I was just wondering is it the same for other GEP sch students. Zann, may I know why must read Chalotte Web, is it they have to do book review about it later on?


Oops! it is only for P4 GEP only. Are you referring to P4 GEP?

Yes, I am referring to P4 Gep. So is the Chalotte Web still valid?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:18 pm

DD just came back from the leadership camp crying cos she lost one bag of her clothes (new Adidas track pants, new Adidas 3/4 pants, new long sleeve T shirt, sch socks etc) and some other stuff.

If anyone of the kids whose kids has attended the camp and found the bag which contained the above mentioned item, please let me know..

Many thanks!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby dovetail » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Herbie wrote:DD just came back from the leadership camp crying cos she lost one bag of her clothes (new Adidas track pants, new Adidas 3/4 pants, new long sleeve T shirt, sch socks etc) and some other stuff.

If anyone of the kids whose kids has attended the camp and found the bag which contained the above mentioned item, please let me know..

Many thanks!



Oh poor thing... How about calling the camp organizer to check? Ask the teacher in charge for the number.

My girl also just returned from the leadership camp. I cooked her favorite dishes for lunch. Now she is sleeping like a baby :love:

She enjoyed the camp very much but said she was very irritated by the endless complains by some of the kids. There was one girl that hated everything, no air con, food not good enough for her, etc,etc. One even said she wished she never had to be at the camp. She went because her mother promised to let her play computer after that. I seriously think MOE GE Branch have to review their selection criteria for kids to go for this "LEADERSHIP" camp. :lol:

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: All About GEP

Postby dovetail » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:27 pm

ngbrdad wrote:It the one with the lowest COP for PSLE S1 among the schools on our DSA list. So when needed to cut the number down, it's eliminated.



I think not a good idea to consider school just based on COP. I have nothing to do with ASCI but I think also need to consider school culture and curriculum also, that is, holistically. Getting a school that best fit a child's profile and nature more important. I know one boy in HCI, unhappy because the culture does not suit him. He wants to be in RI but have to obey mother. He just bear with it but what for, if things could be better and he could have a happier learning journey. Poor boy.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Hi Dovetail,

I have dropped an email to MOE..
Can request yr girl to check with her friends who has attended the camp as to whether they have seen my dd's missing bag?

My dd also enjoyed herself at the camp. She likes the kayaking.. she finds it fun.

Many thanks!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby jtoh » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:35 am

dovetail wrote:
Herbie wrote:DD just came back from the leadership camp crying cos she lost one bag of her clothes (new Adidas track pants, new Adidas 3/4 pants, new long sleeve T shirt, sch socks etc) and some other stuff.

If anyone of the kids whose kids has attended the camp and found the bag which contained the above mentioned item, please let me know..

Many thanks!



Oh poor thing... How about calling the camp organizer to check? Ask the teacher in charge for the number.

My girl also just returned from the leadership camp. I cooked her favorite dishes for lunch. Now she is sleeping like a baby :love:

She enjoyed the camp very much but said she was very irritated by the endless complains by some of the kids. There was one girl that hated everything, no air con, food not good enough for her, etc,etc. One even said she wished she never had to be at the camp. She went because her mother promised to let her play computer after that. I seriously think MOE GE Branch have to review their selection criteria for kids to go for this "LEADERSHIP" camp. :lol:


Sometimes, the 'leaders' chosen by the teachers are good academically, know how to behave in front of the teachers, but don't really have much leadership skills.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 11134
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 98


Re: All About GEP

Postby dovetail » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi Dovetail,

I have dropped an email to MOE..
Can request yr girl to check with her friends who has attended the camp as to whether they have seen my dd's missing bag?

My dd also enjoyed herself at the camp. She likes the kayaking.. she finds it fun.

Many thanks!



Herbie,

My girl just told me her teacher did asked her if anyone had lost a big bag of clothes on Saturday. She said nobody claimed and don't know what happended to it. I have her teacher's handphone. I call her to check with her. Will let you know later.

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:48 pm

jtoh wrote:Sometimes, the 'leaders' chosen by the teachers are good academically, know how to behave in front of the teachers, but don't really have much leadership skills.


.emmm...the ge branch should give opportunity to all geppers to attend such leadership course...so that all of them can have the experience. Since most schools have leadership course for their prefects, monitors and cca leaders, so the leadership course organise by the ge branch should cater for all geppers (just my opinion...)..so that they can learn some skills and have fun all together... :dancing:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


PreviousNext

Return to GEP