Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:50 pm

:cry: hi dovetail, thanks very much..
I really hope we can find that missing bag.

My dd's sch sock is insdie the bag too!
Hence, we are hoping that the persom who found the bag can send it back to her sch.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby acforfamily » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:08 pm

dovetail wrote:One even said she wished she never had to be at the camp. She went because her mother promised to let her play computer after that. I seriously think MOE GE Branch have to review their selection criteria for kids to go for this "LEADERSHIP" camp. :lol:


I wonder what is the criteria too. I know some kids who were leaders of the prefect (i.e. those who check whether the prefects do their duty) and yet did not get selected for the leadership camp.

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby dovetail » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Herbie wrote::cry: hi dovetail, thanks very much..
I really hope we can find that missing bag.

My dd's sch sock is insdie the bag too!
Hence, we are hoping that the persom who found the bag can send it back to her sch.


Herbie,

Just spoke to teacher on the phone. She ask you to call the camp overall in charge from GE. I'll pm you, name and contact she gave. That person will liaise with the organizer for you.

Good Luck!

dovetail
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby leeven » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi All

can you give the link in kiasu parents (sure it should have been discussed ) for the below queries. my son is P5. see the posts I started worrying now itself (tooo kiasu)

1. Top 5 IP schools (All I know is RI,NUSH,ACS) . I think DS cannot apply for HC because of my DS MT = Tamil.

2. What is the Niche of the top 5 schools (like good for students interested which career Medicine/politics etc)

3. what is the data we have number of GEP students admitted in RI,ACSI,HC,NUSH,RGS,NYGS) for the past few years

leeven
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Your ds can consider NJC too.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2



Re: All About GEP

Postby sunflowermom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Parents of P6 Geppers kids 2011, may I know do you check your kids' Facebook? I have my ds's password n able to login anytime. Lately, I noticed that a group waa recreated, known as [GEP GROUP GEN. 1999]. I found the postings done by one of the children were rather disturbing, either obscene or vulgar. I went to check the profile of that child, to my surprise, that person is a girl and from TNPS! I was thinking should I alert the sch.

sunflowermom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby raysusan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:28 pm

leeven wrote:Hi All

can you give the link in kiasu parents (sure it should have been discussed ) for the below queries. my son is P5. see the posts I started worrying now itself (tooo kiasu)

1. Top 5 IP schools (All I know is RI,NUSH,ACS) . I think DS cannot apply for HC because of my DS MT = Tamil.

2. What is the Niche of the top 5 schools (like good for students interested which career Medicine/politics etc)

3. what is the data we have number of GEP students admitted in RI,ACSI,HC,NUSH,RGS,NYGS) for the past few years

is NUSH consider top 5 IP school??

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: All About GEP

Postby Edureach » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:31 pm

raysusan wrote:
leeven wrote:Hi All

can you give the link in kiasu parents (sure it should have been discussed ) for the below queries. my son is P5. see the posts I started worrying now itself (tooo kiasu)

1. Top 5 IP schools (All I know is RI,NUSH,ACS) . I think DS cannot apply for HC because of my DS MT = Tamil.

2. What is the Niche of the top 5 schools (like good for students interested which career Medicine/politics etc)

3. what is the data we have number of GEP students admitted in RI,ACSI,HC,NUSH,RGS,NYGS) for the past few years

is NUSH consider top 5 IP school??



Think one can't draw a comparison for NUSH as it is a specialised independent school. Same applies to SOTA and SSP.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby leeven » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm

vlim wrote:Your ds can consider NJC too.



thnx :smile:

leeven
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:35 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby cylg » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:53 pm

sunflowermom wrote:Parents of P6 Geppers kids 2011, may I know do you check your kids' Facebook? I have my ds's password n able to login anytime. Lately, I noticed that a group waa recreated, known as [GEP GROUP GEN. 1999]. I found the postings done by one of the children were rather disturbing, either obscene or vulgar. I went to check the profile of that child, to my surprise, that person is a girl and from TNPS! I was thinking should I alert the sch.


I too know abt this group...I just told my son to block the grp. One qn u have to ask is: is she really where she claims she is from (unless u already know her in real life). My boy's classmates did tell their teachers abt her case though....

cylg
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 am
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres