Re: All About GEP

Postby Soyousay » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:45 pm

magicmonkey is no one we know of.

Soyousay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Ryon.hwang » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:48 pm

Many of the GE kids are stressed by both their teachers and their parents...

Ryon.hwang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Soyousay wrote:magicmonkey is no one we know of.

Good to know that.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:23 pm

Ryon.hwang wrote:Many of the GE kids are stressed by both their teachers and their parents...

Certainly they are. Our forum is open for GE kids to post their "grievances" here for parents and teachers to understand their plight. Just do it rationally and the GE kids will be heard. Sometimes adults can get into an ivory tower and forget we were once young before but if the GE kids push the right buttons, they will be able to revive our memories very quickly. Communication is an art for life, master it as a life skill beyond GE. :hi5:

I have encountered various GE kids of various "shapes" and "sizes", somehow they are around me. The ones who impressed me the most are the ones who are able to step out of the "I" model and think "you".

Postby Chenonceau » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 pm

What made me sad was the assertion that reality (or the real world) is vulgar, because adults use vulgar words... and pushing that logic, being vulgar and aggressive is being adult.

Whilst some adults are vulgar, it isn't true of the majority of adults I don't think. Normal living is not at all spicy. The real world is also about the sweetness of people who love each other, and people who listen to each other, and people who care for each other... and people who disagree respectfully and reasonably. Being adult (and real) is also about being loving and listening well and caring and respecting... and being driven by principles of what is good in life.

No one (surely no adult) quite measures up to these principles, but one can try... and many spend their whole lives trying. That is reality too. So why see reality only as ugly? There is beauty that is just as real.

Chenonceau
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby stressedmother » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Ai yoh, my boy always say stress stress stress, no time, than I quit training for him (he's in badminton sch team) cos every 5 days a week 4 hrs each plus recess training. And he say even worse and mAke noise. Wat to do?

stressedmother
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Felicia Tick » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Can someone suggest books for my 12 year old son to read?

Felicia Tick
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sunflowermom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Chenonceau wrote:What made me sad was the assertion that reality (or the real world) is vulgar, because adults use vulgar words... and pushing that logic, being vulgar and aggressive is being adult.

Whilst some adults are vulgar, it isn't true of the majority of adults I don't think. Normal living is not at all spicy. The real world is also about the sweetness of people who love each other, and people who listen to each other, and people who care for each other... and people who disagree respectfully and reasonably. Being adult (and real) is also about being loving and listening well and caring and respecting... and being driven by principles of what is good in life.

No one (surely no adult) quite measures up to these principles, but one can try... and many spend their whole lives trying. That is reality too. So why see reality only as ugly? There is beauty that is just as real.

:goodpost:

sunflowermom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunflowermom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 pm

I was surprised that so many "parents" signed up as KSP members within a day to help the girl. Coincidently, these "parents" know who I was referring to.

Let me clarify, my main intentions to post in this forum about the girl are :
1) alert all parents on the extensive of vulgarities and obsence words used in the FB group so that concern parents will remove/block this group
2) hoping that someone who read this forum can talk to that girl

Btw, I have kindly chose the least vulgar of her post to show the parents in KSP how "flowery" her language is.

I am glad to know that she has deactivated her account.

sunflowermom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunflowermom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 pm

MisterTalkCock wrote:This is a delicate matter. For one, sunflowermom or whatever, if a student has been acting improperly, you would not engage in personal attacks upon her, if you are an empathetic person, you would know that a girl's heart is fragile. She has very kindly deactivated her account, proving how she actually knows that she is wrong, so please refrain from giving her emotional harm.
Besides, we have come to the issue of reality. You say, this girl has been posting such comments, are you entirely sure that YOUR child isn't already exposed to this? And, we have to face this some day, some how, it is inevitable, as whatisname has stated above. Why not sooner, than later? I believe, almost every GEPer has gone through such stuff already. Yes it is not something we would want to see everyday, but, a good knowledge of the real world will actually prepare your child. Tsk. I don't have much to stress on.

I know the GEPers are very expressive and outspoken. But I was surprised and disappointed that some of you cannot differentiate between 'right' and 'wrong'.

What do you mean by 'almost every GEPers has gone through such stuff already'? Is vulgarity part of GE programme?

sunflowermom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge