35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Edureach » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:09 pm

musette wrote:My sis-in-law, despite my advice, still enrolled her son in Mindstretcher prep class and don't know what other classes to prepare him for the GEP screening test. According to her, all her colleagues' children are/were in GEP.

Haha! Pity her son.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

musette wrote:My sis-in-law, despite my advice, still enrolled her son in Mindstretcher prep class and don't know what other classes to prepare him for the GEP screening test. According to her, all her colleagues' children are/were in GEP.

At least you tried to advise her.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jessi_ca » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

What's your advice to her? Dont try for GEP or to try?

jessi_ca
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jessi_ca » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:18 pm

GEP students dont always make top students, but i think that their training gear them for sec up to uni education.

So parents that want good results for PSLE, send children to top mainstream class. If parents wants good future for children, try for GE

jessi_ca
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby vlim » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:28 pm

Edureach wrote:

Haha! Pity her son.

Wow all her colleagues kid are geppers...... Natural one or trained :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:32 pm

vlim wrote: Wow all her colleagues kid are geppers...... Natural one or trained :wink:

Maybe teaching staff in uni!! :smile:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby musette » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm

jessi_ca wrote:What's your advice to her? Dont try for GEP or to try?

No lah, my advice is not to send her son for preparatory classes. If he is indeed good enough, he will be selected without prior training. Then, for sure he will have no problems coping in the GE program.

Vlim,

whether they were trained or not, I don't know. But I do know that my sis-in-law is very well-informed about the best tuition centres and enrichment programs in Singapore. Guess she got the info from her colleagues.
Last edited by musette on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:48 pm

well, there r also many stories about those who had been topping the schools since p1 slipping thru while some 'unknown' & 'unrated' ones got in. So some parents just wanna make sure they are prepared for a good fight.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 pm

So should go or should not go for training?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby stressedmother » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:06 pm

No need go training lah. I mean you train your child go into GEP it's not natural wat. Let's say your child no. 17 in class. You train all the GEP test questions and he get in. He won't be able to cope with all the syllabus and in GeP it's really stressful. My boy oso never go training, he got in, now p6 he got difficulty coping. Imagine a child that is trained only to go in the program. So based on my experience, i don't think you should go training

stressedmother
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge