35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:56 am

Good luck to all P3 students taking the screening test today.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:36 am

:duck:
vlim wrote:
jtoh wrote:Your dd's in P3 vlim? So one in one out for GEP. :)

no la..this 'durian' different quality as the first one...hahaaaaa..guess she is going to bit my pigu if she get to know that :lol: .....
I just hope that she can do well with her current school work...not giving me heart attack will do :wink: .... want her to be happy baby anyway.. :roll:

Haha. My dd1 & dd2 also as different as chalk and cheese. dd2 is the "head in the cloud", happy-go-lucky type. If she goes to GEP, mommy here will probably die of stress & heart attack :sweat: Told me last night she wants to do well for today's screening test cos she bet $1 with dd1, and she doesn't want to :moneyflies:
Good luck to all P3's taking the screening test today!

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:15 am

PiggyLalala wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:You're welcome, piggylalala. Didn't help much as DS took the test 2 years ago so he can't remember any detail.
Good luck to your kid in the screening test!

Thank you for your good wishes. Boys are like that; they cant remember detail or they just dont want to talk. So the best answer is 'I have forgotten'.

Haha I just checked the letter sent to parents about the screening test. It said that the test will have both MCQ and open ended questions. :) Format will be the same as that of the tests taken in school.

Ha, just read yr post. Strange that we did not receive any letter fm MOE or sch on the format for the papers? Not even any info from the teachers... Think that the school is careful not to give any impression that they may be helping or 'training' the kids in any way. Hope that the tests would really pick out the really 'gifted' kids and not the trained ones. All the Best to our kids  :smile: .

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 am

Atan, there was never any formal info on the screening test format. We just received info on not to train/prepare your child for it. Whatever format/s listed here were "squeezed out" by kiasu parents from their kids based on past experiences.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 am

Oh, so they have open ended questions now huh? My DS said all MCQ, don't know if he remember correctly. So typical of him to forget everything once the test is over!

PiggyLalala wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:You're welcome, piggylalala. Didn't help much as DS took the test 2 years ago so he can't remember any detail.
Good luck to your kid in the screening test!

Thank you for your good wishes. Boys are like that; they cant remember detail or they just dont want to talk. So the best answer is 'I have forgotten'.

Haha I just checked the letter sent to parents about the screening test. It said that the test will have both MCQ and open ended questions. :) Format will be the same as that of the tests taken in school.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:55 am

Flowermonaster wrote:Atan, there was never any formal info on the screening test format. We just received info on not to train/prepare your child for it. Whatever format/s listed here were "squeezed out" by kiasu parents from their kids based on past experiences.

Hi Flowermonaster, I am referring to Piggylalala post that "...I just checked the letter sent to parents about the screening test. It said that the test will have both MCQ and open ended questions. Format will be the same as that of the tests taken in school."

I don't think I have seen any formal letter that the test will have both MCQ & open ended Q - maybe this letter is fm Piggylalala kid's sch.

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am

Oic. Sorry for the mistake.
Good luck to your kid on the screening today! :smile:

Atan wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Atan, there was never any formal info on the screening test format. We just received info on not to train/prepare your child for it. Whatever format/s listed here were "squeezed out" by kiasu parents from their kids based on past experiences.

Hi Flowermonaster, I am referring to Piggylalala post that "...I just checked the letter sent to parents about the screening test. It said that the test will have both MCQ and open ended questions. Format will be the same as that of the tests taken in school."

I don't think I have seen any formal letter that the test will have both MCQ & open ended Q - maybe this letter is fm Piggylalala kid's sch.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 am

Hi Piggylalala, is the letter from MOE or your ds's school?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:07 am

comfy wrote:Hi Piggylalala, is the letter from MOE or your ds's school?

Letter from MOE. Think it was together with the consent form for allowing your child to sit for the screening test. I have the impression that the first round was all MCQ too.

We can check with our kids today about the format. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am

I have told my child yesterday that the test should be all MCQ too. But this morning when I read the letter, I realise that it is stated that the test has both MCQ and open-ended questions. Maybe MOE change the format this year. But it does not really matter lah as I dont think my ds can get into GEP. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP