35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 am

i told my son to just try la. if cannot get into GEP, when the GEP students get transferred out of the school, his position ranking in school will move up! whahaha....

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby comfy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:31 am

haha.... this is what I said not to my dd but to my friends whose kids are taking the test. Don't want my dd to think the easier way out. (put less effort).

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:35 am

PiggyLalala wrote:
comfy wrote:Hi Piggylalala, is the letter from MOE or your ds's school?

Letter from MOE. Think it was together with the consent form for allowing your child to sit for the screening test. I have the impression that the first round was all MCQ too.

We can check with our kids today about the format. :)

Please do check with yr ds. Whether the Math also have OE qn. If have, then could be tougher than last year, interm of more time needed. Cannot tikam tikam anymore.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:50 am

comfy wrote:
PiggyLalala wrote:

Letter from MOE. Think it was together with the consent form for allowing your child to sit for the screening test. I have the impression that the first round was all MCQ too.

Please do check with yr ds. Whether the Math also have OE qn. If have, then could be tougher than last year, interm of more time needed. Cannot tikam tikam anymore.

Maths 1hr 30min.
English 1hr 15 min
Yup.. cannot tikam tikam anymore. :(
Will check with him the format later.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

PiggyLalala wrote:

I checked the MOE's letters dd 7 Feb and 1 Aug.. boleh, no info on test format??

Anyway, will check with kid later. My DS became ' a bit' concerned yesterday (usually happy-go-lucky), maybe after hearing alot about GEP fm his classmates. Told him that one's success is not measured by GEP, so just try his best and not worry about it :smile: .

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:19 am

Atan wrote:Anyway, will check with kid later. My DS became ' a bit' concerned yesterday (usually happy-go-lucky), maybe after hearing alot about GEP fm his classmates. Told him that one's success is not measured by GEP, so just try his best and not worry about it :smile: .

Atan,
my ds' concern is a bit different. both his best buddies are GEP material and he enjoys hanging out with them. his concern is losing their friendship and having to 'start over' when they get transferred out. :sad:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Champion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

jedamum wrote:my ds' concern is a bit different. both his best buddies are GEP material and he enjoys hanging out with them. his concern is losing their friendship and having to 'start over' when they get transferred out. :sad:

HI jedamum,
My DD1 was worried that if either she or her BFF got transfer out if selected for GEP how? :laugh: :laugh:

Explained to her it is not so "simple & easy" to get thru GEP screening test, so she needs not worry so far ahead! :wink:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 am

I do not know if my kid is afraid of being the minority who does not get thru the first round since most of his classmates are GEP hopeful and even heard of a girl who is attending training (there should be many more..). The kids definitely share alot in school. There are many competitive ones in class whereas mine is the laid back sort (commented by his form teacher :roll: ). It can be stressful for kids being in a HA class and in a GEP school....need to ensure that he is not affected psychologically by a little setback, if he is not selected. In my eyes, he is gifted and he does not need to be the top 1% kid to be successful and happy in life.

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 am

Atan wrote:It can be stressful for kids being in a HA class and in a GEP school.....

it is already stressful to be in a HA class, let alone in such a class in a GEP school. :hugs:

Atan wrote:In my eyes, he is gifted and he does not need to be the top 1% kid to be successful and happy in life.
:goodpost:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Champion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 am

jedamum wrote:
Atan wrote:It can be stressful for kids being in a HA class and in a GEP school.....

it is already stressful to be in a HA class, let alone in such a class in a GEP school. :hugs:

Atan wrote:In my eyes, he is gifted and he does not need to be the top 1% kid to be successful and happy in life.
:goodpost:

May I add on? :goodpost: :hi5: :celebrate:

Atan, so long your DS is happy - this is the most impt "gift" in his primary school life! :hugs:

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge