All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Jul 13,
Total Likes:4

Re: All About GEP

Post by Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 am

Tks jedamum :grphug: .

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Jul 13,
Total Likes:4

Re: All About GEP

Post by Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 am

Tks champion :grphug: .

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11307
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:99

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

jedamum wrote:i told my son to just try la. if cannot get into GEP, when the GEP students get transferred out of the school, his position ranking in school will move up! whahaha....


:wink: Good one!

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 8342
Joined: Mon Aug 04,
Total Likes:42

Re: All About GEP

Post by Champion » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello, Atan & Jedamum - I just look back in the Club 2002 kids thread and think both of you not join us yet! :wink:

Do you mind join the club?
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 61&t=23128


:grphug: :thankyou:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

my p3 dd said for screening tests, maths come with section A and section B. So that is to say mcq plus open end. For English, I think what she mean is mcq plus cloze passage (open end)..

she said English ok but for Maths..she had no time to do 5 qns :roll: ...so liao liao... :wink: ..expected :wink:


chiclil
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Aug 13,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About GEP

Post by chiclil » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:11 pm

vlim wrote:my p3 dd said for screening tests, maths come with section A and section B. So that is to say mcq plus open end. For English, I think what she mean is mcq plus cloze passage (open end)..

she said English ok but for Maths..she had no time to do 5 qns :roll: ...so liao liao... :wink: ..expected :wink:


haha your gal not bad. mine tell me she only attempt 30 over out of 50. but she says most did not complete. well accuracy is one factor too.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4058
Joined: Tue May 24,
Total Likes:23

Re: All About GEP

Post by PiggyLalala » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Seem like this year the sceening test is different from the previous years. My child also said it is tough.

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Jul 13,
Total Likes:4

Re: All About GEP

Post by Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:20 pm

DS also confirmed that papers were not all MCQ. He completed all the Qs for Maths but only left with 6 min, so no time to check. For English, he said he didn't know some words :scratchhead: but didn't leave any blanks . In general, the papers were more difficult than normal papers.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Atan wrote:DS also confirmed that papers were not all MCQ. He completed all the Qs for Maths but only left with 6 min, so no time to check. For English, he said he didn't know some words :scratchhead: but didn't leave any blanks . In general, the papers were more difficult than normal papers.


aiyou atan..it got to be more difficult then normal paper la..otherwise how to screen them :wink:

Atan
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 544
Joined: Sun Jul 13,
Total Likes:4

Re: All About GEP

Post by Atan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:36 pm

vlim wrote:
Atan wrote:DS also confirmed that papers were not all MCQ. He completed all the Qs for Maths but only left with 6 min, so no time to check. For English, he said he didn't know some words :scratchhead: but didn't leave any blanks . In general, the papers were more difficult than normal papers.


aiyou atan..it got to be more difficult then normal paper la..otherwise how to screen them :wink:


:lol: You are right, vlim. Actually, what DS meant was the Eng paper is more difficult than the normally considered 'tough' papers such as TLL Eng. For Maths, he thought it was ok.

Post Reply