35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby CDE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 pm

my DS came back and told me he knows he makes some careless mistake :sad: he forget how to do that NUMBER question..so easy that he forget :stupid: ...i think just hope to stay in the HA class next year :xedfingers:
happy waiting for all...result shd b out early Oct :xedfingers:

CDE
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby AgnesMM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:22 pm

My DD went thru that today too. Don dare ask .....

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Just4Good » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:36 pm

I took the GEP test today, and let me tell you, I think it was quite :stupid: for some people. English paper had 40 questions while Math has 50 questions. Can't reveal too much but the Eng has Grammer MCQ(or was it vocab MCQ?), Compre MCQ and Cloze Passage OE. Math had tougher questions but at least it had no Section C. Am very :scared: I fail paper and get :spank: . (Haha).

Just4Good
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby r2010 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:44 pm

Just4Good wrote:I took the GEP test today, and let me tell you, I think it was quite :stupid: for some people. English paper had 40 questions while Math has 50 questions. Can't reveal too much but the Eng has Grammer MCQ(or was it vocab MCQ?), Compre MCQ and Cloze Passage OE. Math had tougher questions but at least it had no Section C. Am very :scared: I fail paper and get :spank: . (Haha).

Will there be grammar questions for gel English?

r2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:45 pm

Just4Good wrote:I took the GEP test today, and let me tell you, I think it was quite :stupid: for some people. English paper had 40 questions while Math has 50 questions. Can't reveal too much but the Eng has Grammer MCQ(or was it vocab MCQ?), Compre MCQ and Cloze Passage OE. Math had tougher questions but at least it had no Section C. Am very :scared: I fail paper and get :spank: . (Haha).

is ok just4good...school exams are more important. :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AgnesMM » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 pm

agree - school exam more important. take this as a revision paper.

AgnesMM
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 8228 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:44 pm

:? My dd said there was no grammar question. She did not do quite a few maths questions.

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cluelessmom » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:35 pm

jedamum wrote:i told my son to just try la. if cannot get into GEP, when the GEP students get transferred out of the school, his position ranking in school will move up! whahaha....

:rotflmao: It's true leh.......

cluelessmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:42 pm

cluelessmom wrote:
jedamum wrote:i told my son to just try la. if cannot get into GEP, when the GEP students get transferred out of the school, his position ranking in school will move up! whahaha....

Not that true in some schools because with the vacancies they will be able to transfer in some cream of the crop from other schools who have been waiting to enter the school. We have some of these cases where the top students in other schools transfer in and they outshine some of the top class students....that is reality.

Anyway, what's important is the child should not feel any lesser not to be in GEP because the area of talent is very specific and it does not rule out that they have no other talents so keep searching and nurturing, everyone is unique.

Postby iFirefly » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 pm

ksi wrote:
cluelessmom wrote:

Not that true in some schools because with the vacancies they will be able to transfer in some cream of the crop from other schools who have been waiting to enter the school. We have some of these cases where the top students in other schools transfer in and they outshine some of the top class students....that is reality.

Anyway, what's important is the child should not feel any lesser not to be in GEP because the area of talent is very specific and it does not rule out that they have no other talents so keep searching and nurturing, everyone is unique.

:goodpost:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge