Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:01 am

8228 wrote:
Herbie wrote:repeated post


My ds has not got the paper back too. I checked the calendar and there is only oral, listening and compo for English next term. There is no compre and cloze.

Your DS is from which level? I checked my DS schedule for P5 there is paper2 on the same day as compo which is 4th Oct. :?

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am

Herbie wrote:Hi 8228,
Yes, for the maths CT alot of kids got full marks.
My dd also got 49 marks for this paper.

Hi flowermonaster,
Coming up next is the maths investigation test. I am just wondering whether there is any sample qn for them to work on.

:-)

Hi Herbie, thanks a bit confused on the posting. Yes investigation paper is this month. Don't think my DS ever bring back investigation paper before. Sorry cannot help on that.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:54 pm
Total Likes: 5


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:14 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi 8228,
Yes, for the maths CT alot of kids got full marks.
My dd also got 49 marks for this paper.

Hi flowermonaster,
Coming up next is the maths investigation test. I am just wondering whether there is any sample qn for them to work on.

:-)

Hi Herbie, thanks a bit confused on the posting. Yes investigation paper is this month. Don't think my DS ever bring back investigation paper before. Sorry cannot help on that.

Investigation papers should be all about nth term related qns .. So I used to get my ds to revise his worksheets which got something to do with nth term or theorem ... But don't know it helps or not :roll:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:20 am

hi Vlim,
Oh! this time round is not about nth term,eg. is abt 7 islands and the different paths way leading to link this island together.

So complicated right??? My dd's teacher says the investigation maths test will be a tough one and does not expect anyone to score full marks.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:25 am

Herbie wrote:hi Vlim,
Oh! this time round is not about nth term,eg. is abt 7 islands and the different paths way leading to link this island together.

So complicated right??? My dd's teacher says the investigation maths test will be a tough one and does not expect anyone to score full marks.

Wow so chim :scratchhead:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2



Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

Hi vlim,
i also say chim... so i dun know how to help my dd to prepare for the upcoming investigation test.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,
i also say chim... so i dun know how to help my dd to prepare for the upcoming investigation test.


Strange my ds center has not even issued any schedule, and you guy already know when what will be tested in Oct. :sweat:

Can someone kind to share the P5 list of schedule. Aiyo,yo.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,
i also say chim... so i dun know how to help my dd to prepare for the upcoming investigation test.

I believe the school will let them do at least one practice paper with qns similar to tt ... So just make sure your dd understand tt practice papers lor ... What to do :shrug:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 am

Herbie wrote:Hi 8228,
Yes, for the maths CT alot of kids got full marks.
My dd also got 49 marks for this paper.

Hi flowermonaster,
Coming up next is the maths investigation test. I am just wondering whether there is any sample qn for them to work on.

:-)

Hi Herbie, your dd got 49 out of 50? That is very good. How do you coach her? Can share any tips?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 617
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: All About GEP

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:56 am

Herbie wrote:i heard from my dd that alot of kids in the various GE centre, did not do well for the science experiment.


Your dd know the sc expt result already? Mine keep telling me dunno yet,... :scratchhead:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 0


PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres