Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:57 am

Hi comfy,
I just read thru her notes and get her to understand the concept. And gather some qn for her to try..

Hi Zann, I have not heard anything abt the science marks but this practical was really tough, they just throw them the stuff and expect them to do the experiment and collate the result.. they really think GE kids are genius!!!!!

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:59 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi 8228,
Yes, for the maths CT alot of kids got full marks.
My dd also got 49 marks for this paper.

Hi flowermonaster,
Coming up next is the maths investigation test. I am just wondering whether there is any sample qn for them to work on.

:-)

Hi Herbie, thanks a bit confused on the posting. Yes investigation paper is this month. Don't think my DS ever bring back investigation paper before. Sorry cannot help on that.

err... are you here talking about the P5 investigative maths test? Pls advise when is it for P5?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:01 am

Herbie wrote:Hi comfy,
I just read thru her notes and get her to understand the concept. And gather some qn for her to try..

Hi Zann, I have not heard anything abt the science marks but this practical was really tough, they just throw them the stuff and expect them to do the experiment and collate the result.. they really think GE kids are genius!!!!!

Herbie, you are super can know so much, my ds only replied "ok" when I ask him. :shrug:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

Hi zann,
my girl was complaining to me when she got into the car...
investigation maths test will be conducted on 21 Sept.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:07 am

vlim wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi 8228,
Yes, for the maths CT alot of kids got full marks.
My dd also got 49 marks for this paper.

Hi flowermonaster,
Coming up next is the maths investigation test. I am just wondering whether there is any sample qn for them to work on.

:-)

Hi Herbie, thanks a bit confused on the posting. Yes investigation paper is this month. Don't think my DS ever bring back investigation paper before. Sorry cannot help on that.

Investigation papers should be all about nth term related qns .. So I used to get my ds to revise his worksheets which got something to do with nth term or theorem ... But don't know it helps or not :roll:

In my ds center, they did everything in class, collect back all investigative maths mock tests and test papers on the spot, there is no way I could get him to revised at home. Tr said this practice is per GE branch directed, same in all centres. :slapshead: But seem like it is not across the board leh.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 am

oh i just picked up some qn from her worksheets not test paper.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:13 am

Herbie wrote:hi Vlim,
Oh! this time round is not about nth term,eg. is abt 7 islands and the different paths way leading to link this island together.

So complicated right??? My dd's teacher says the investigation maths test will be a tough one and does not expect anyone to score full marks.

Have not seen my ds bring back anything on such topic yet. :sad: You school is very pro leh.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:14 am

Herbie wrote:Hi zann,
my girl was complaining to me when she got into the car...
investigation maths test will be conducted on 21 Sept.

Thanks.

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

The worksheet on the 7 island was given a few days ago.. my dd just asked her daddy how to solve the qn... there are still other worksheets on age which is more down to earth i am not sure whether these worksheet are considered as investigation maths, I am still trying to figure out.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 am

Herbie wrote:The worksheet on the 7 island was given a few days ago.. my dd just asked her daddy how to solve the qn... there are still other worksheets on age which is more down to earth i am not sure whether these worksheet are considered as investigation maths, I am still trying to figure out.

Maybe also under investigations .. :roll: ... I think my ds could have the same type of investigation qns last yr this time ... Hahaaaa that means I had got him to revise the wrong thing .. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP