All About GEP

Academic support and discussions for GEP
Post Reply

GEP screening test? Go or no Go

Poll ended at Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Must Go
7
35%
Can Try
11
55%
Don't Go
2
10%
 
Total votes: 20

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Oct 30,

Re: All About GEP

Post by Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:47 pm

oh the sci practice thingy is about strength of material.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Herbie wrote:oh the sci practice thingy is about strength of material.

Emmm .. Sorry my son didn't tell me what were the Sci expt tested so far... He usually score abt 12-13/15 for the Sci practical tests ...

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Oct 30,

Re: All About GEP

Post by Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm

i guess this year, they hv the format for sci practical test

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Herbie wrote:i guess this year, they hv the format for sci practical test

Huh.. What u mean :?

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Oct 30,

Re: All About GEP

Post by Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:36 pm

imean they give u all the material and et u conduct the test w/o any given instruction.


vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Herbie wrote:imean they give u all the material and et u conduct the test w/o any given instruction.

Ya ... Should be the same la .. But simple instruction will be written on the test paper right otherwise how do the students know what they want

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Oct 30,

Re: All About GEP

Post by Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:12 pm

aim of the experient is given and the kid has to create the experiment on their own...

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11309
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:101

Re: All About GEP

Post by jtoh » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 pm

Herbie wrote:hi jtoh,
perhaps my girl's math kongfu iisn't as high level as yr dd. :)


No lah. Mine probably just giving excuses so she doesn't need to study. :D

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 624
Joined: Fri Nov 13,

Re: All About GEP

Post by comfy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi Zann, I have not heard anything abt the science marks but this practical was really tough, they just throw them the stuff and expect them to do the experiment and collate the result.. they really think GE kids are genius!!!!!


Oh this is terrible, I think they just treated the kids like JC stds and expected them to have the knowledge/experience to know what to do. Already in P4, I find it tough, now I am worry for my dd when she goes to P5. If I have read about such things, I definitely will have 2nd thought about sending her to GEP. Just hear from dd, she said "GEP doesn't seem to teach much but expect the stds to know how/what to do, that why alot of her friends are in TLL". :siao:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Nov 05,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About GEP

Post by vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:04 pm

comfy wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi Zann, I have not heard anything abt the science marks but this practical was really tough, they just throw them the stuff and expect them to do the experiment and collate the result.. they really think GE kids are genius!!!!!


Oh this is terrible, I think they just treated the kids like JC stds and expected them to have the knowledge/experience to know what to do. Already in P4, I find it tough, now I am worry for my dd when she goes to P5. If I have read about such things, I definitely will have 2nd thought about sending her to GEP. Just hear from dd, she said "GEP doesn't seem to teach much but expect the stds to know how/what to do, that why alot of her friends are in TLL". :siao:

I think some of those who are in TLL, should be with TLL before p4 gep......

Post Reply