35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:46 pm

oh my dd was not with tll prior joining gep.. Anyway she also left tll liao.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:15 pm

Herbie wrote:oh my dd was not with tll prior joining gep.. Anyway she also left tll liao.

So does the tuition helps your dd in anyway?.. I kpo ing now :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 8228 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
8228 wrote:
Herbie wrote:repeated post

My ds has not got the paper back too. I checked the calendar and there is only oral, listening and compo for English next term. There is no compre and cloze.

Your DS is from which level? I checked my DS schedule for P5 there is paper2 on the same day as compo which is 4th Oct. :?

Oops, I did not see properly....

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 8228 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:10 am

Zann wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi vlim,
i also say chim... so i dun know how to help my dd to prepare for the upcoming investigation test.

Strange my ds center has not even issued any schedule, and you guy already know when what will be tested in Oct. :sweat:

Can someone kind to share the P5 list of schedule. Aiyo,yo.

P5 Test schedule:

Sep 21 Investigation Maths
Sep 22 & 23 EL & CL Oral
Oct 3 HCL I (Compo)
Oct 4 EL I (Compo) & EL II
Oct 10 SS
Oct 11 HCL II
Oct 12 Science, EL Listening
Oct 13 Maths Paper 1 & 2

HCL Listening - no date yet

BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zann » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 am

:thankyou: 8228

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 am

hi vlim,
ok la,my dd can handle gep maths w/o gg tll.

I am not sure whether by gg to tll will help weaker students to improve their maths. I dun know anyone who is weak in maths attending tll.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 am

vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:oh my dd was not with tll prior joining gep.. Anyway she also left tll liao.

So does the tuition helps your dd in anyway?.. I kpo ing now :wink:

I am also very interested to know as I am seriously thinking of sending her to TLL. May I know for what subjects and whether by attending does it helps your dd? TIA.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 am

Herbie wrote:hi vlim,
ok la,my dd can handle gep maths w/o gg tll.

I am not sure whether by gg to tll will help weaker students to improve their maths. I dun know anyone who is weak in maths attending tll.

Is it bec they don't teach concept or the standard of Math is too tough for the std to cope or what.....? I am worry about what you have shared.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby JenniferHJ » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:14 am

TLL isn't necessary for your child, all it does is let your child practise the questions. It isn't a very smart way to spend your money, perhaps you could spent it on SMOPS Practice books instead? But all in all it still depends on your child's current level. Do normal assessment books to improve overall skills, but start working on Olympiad Math Problems for heuristic development.
This is speaking from experience, was a GEP Student 06-08 with Math marks that were higher than fellow classmates who went TLL. In the end the top students for Math never attended any Math Tuition. :P
For other subjects, perhaps TLL could be of help. Their english course helps if you are in a good tll class. Science is pretty good as well. For Chinese practice makes perfect.
Being in GEP is tough, but part and parcel of your child's journey to success. Thanks parents for your unwavering support, and hope that helped!:)

JenniferHJ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby vlim » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:32 am

JenniferHJ wrote:TLL isn't necessary for your child, all it does is let your child practise the questions. It isn't a very smart way to spend your money, perhaps you could spent it on SMOPS Practice books instead? But all in all it still depends on your child's current level. Do normal assessment books to improve overall skills, but start working on Olympiad Math Problems for heuristic development.
This is speaking from experience, was a GEP Student 06-08 with Math marks that were higher than fellow classmates who went TLL. In the end the top students for Math never attended any Math Tuition. :P
For other subjects, perhaps TLL could be of help. Their english course helps if you are in a good tll class. Science is pretty good as well. For Chinese practice makes perfect.
Being in GEP is tough, but part and parcel of your child's journey to success. Thanks parents for your unwavering support, and hope that helped!:)

:thankyou: Jennifer for sharing with us, the parents, your views. Actually I also think likewise as TLL might not be following closely what gep maths syllabus is doing .. As for English and science , TLL might help .. :smile:...
But I think those geppers who did fairly well in Maths, might not perform well in Maths Olympaids and according to my ds MO qns are different from school maths qns..
Last edited by vlim on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP