Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi lynn2010,
Regarding counselling for students right, i am not sure how the teacher counselor do it. But IMHO, if you think your kid need counseling, it would be best if the parent can talk to the teacher and highlight to her abt your concern and worry. From there probably they can tackle the problem more effectively.... By the way i think the counsellor duty is counsel those Ge kids who are too stress up or depressed due to not able to cope with the programme I suppose ... :roll: ..

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 am

comfy wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:
comfy wrote:

It is P6. Something to do with some barcode thingy. If you guys really interested, i can share the actual assignment. I keep it for momento - a P6 assignment to be solved by a PHD holder. Xiao!! Apparently all my dd classmates cant do either. My dd has to teach them all after she got the solution from my relative. :slapshead:

ya, please share as I really don't want to go crazy and lose sleep over it. Thanks alot, whew! don't have to think hard about getting a PHD to solve. Is this a compulsory project for p6?

Hi comfy,
I think the breaking code stuff should be non exam topic ...
Btw , out of curiosity, I will check w my ds whether he did this breaking code assignment or not :wink:
Last edited by vlim on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 am

Hi vlim, but is it compulsory? expected to be hand in. can hand in blank if can't solve?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 am

comfy wrote:Hi vlim, but is it compulsory? expected to be hand in. can hand in blank if can't solve?

I will check with my ds tomorrow whether he got do this breaking code assignment before or not then I can answer you :wink: ... I think if there is it could be just a worksheet ... No worry no worry ... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:58 am

comfy wrote:hee hee that what the MOE said during the GEP briefing, genes from parents. But strange, neither me or hb are from gep lei.

GEP was only implemented from 1984. :wink:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:17 am

Zann wrote:Any P5 GE parent got back the Science expt paper or score already? How was it? My ds has not been told of anything about Sc expt yet. Ds din do well in Eng this time. Hcl 1 mark was deducted due to his 草书 for his corrected word. I looked at it, and find it not that 草 wat, just 1 stroke more 草 a bit only also must deduct 1 mark. 1 mark out of 60 is almost 2 marks. The marker is so so strict, not sure if this is the standard across the board. Or may be he/she dislike my ds :rant: Is that how some studetnts loose marks and fall below 85% ? :slapshead: :slapshead: They had begun Invest math practice, again can't bring home so dunno wat they do. But ds said no 7 island or 9 bridges leh...

Hi Zann, no the science practical paper mark is still unknown. He did ok for Math, got minus 2 marks due to careless mistake! Chinese & English result not so good. As for the Math Investigation practice paper my DS did bring back a stake of papers that he said Teacher gave them to practice for invest.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:18 am

Zann wrote:
Herbie wrote:I heard from my dd that some parents expect their kids to achieve 85% even for common test. eg. the kid for scored like 34/40 for english and maths etc.

Otherwise their parents would scold them and some kids dun even dare to get the parents to sign the CT paper.

Sigh! Being in GE is already quite tough and the kid needs to take the stress from their parents.

Any P5 GE parent got back the Science expt paper or score already? How was it? My ds has not been told of anything about Sc expt yet. Ds din do well in Eng this time. Hcl 1 mark was deducted due to his 草书 for his corrected word. I looked at it, and find it not that 草 wat, just 1 stroke more 草 a bit only also must deduct 1 mark. 1 mark out of 60 is almost 2 marks. The marker is so so strict, not sure if this is the standard across the board. Or may be he/she dislike my ds :rant: Is that how some studetnts loose marks and fall below 85% ? :slapshead: :slapshead: They had begun Invest math practice, again can't bring home so dunno wat they do. But ds said no 7 island or 9 bridges leh...

I think it is very difficult to get full marks for hmt compre section. Teacher is very strict in marking the paper.

We also hv not heard any thing abt the sci exp thingy.

Infact i heard tat the topics for sc sa2 test has yet to be confirmed by ge/moe

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:25 am

Way2GO wrote:
comfy wrote:hee hee that what the MOE said during the GEP briefing, genes from parents. But strange, neither me or hb are from gep lei.

GEP was only implemented from 1984. :wink:

DH & me also not from GEP. We did not miss the boat, the boat was still in the drafting stage during our times. :rotflmao:
So, we never got to find out but I believed my DS got that genes from his dad as I'm hopeless with Math. :stupid:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:31 am

comfy wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:Hi Lynn2010, what is this project 'break the code' thingie about? Hope that u don't mind talking about this "break your brain" assignment. Kind of worry, you know, I don't have a PHD relatives to help. P5 or P6 project?

It is P6. Something to do with some barcode thingy. If you guys really interested, i can share the actual assignment. I keep it for momento - a P6 assignment to be solved by a PHD holder. Xiao!! Apparently all my dd classmates cant do either. My dd has to teach them all after she got the solution from my relative. :slapshead:

Hi Lynn2010, I'm worry too as I am hopeless in math so cannot guide my DS when he goes P6. Do share with me too just in case he can't do it. I will let him try on his own & if he really can't then I will show him your solution. TIA.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:37 am

Hi firefly38,
Did u see your ds doing any break the code/barcoding stuff for maths :?

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres