Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby jtoh » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 am

Herbie wrote:
Dun know leh. But i know tat she has alot of workshhets to complete and sometime she can't finish her sch work and need to ask for extension of time from teacher.

I think the sad part is the mum did not realise tat it is tough to complete 15 maths qn within 30 minutes and some kid does freaked out and did badly for such test.

So shld be happy liao if our kid can stay calm and complete the paper. :nunchuk:

Does this girl do well in her studies? I wonder what's the point if she has to have 2 math tutors and is always under stress from her parents. I expect things will get even more stressful for her in P6.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am

Herbie wrote:Dun know leh. But i know tat she has alot of workshhets to complete and sometime she can't finish her sch work and need to ask for extension of time from teacher.

I think the sad part is the mum did not realise tat it is tough to complete 15 maths qn within 30 minutes and some kid does freaked out and did badly for such test.

So shld be happy liao if our kid can stay calm and complete the paper. :nunchuk:

Shouldn't she complete her school work before her tuition worksheets? School work is always more important than tuition work. If she keep on asking for extension, won't it affect her performance report? :?

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
jtoh wrote:
Herbie wrote:
I tot so too. She can study ahead of others, she has more 'practice papers to try. On top of tat, i heard she has two maths tutos.
:yikes:

Poor girl. Is she stressed out? Why on earth would she need two math tutors?

Maybe one for GE Math and the other for Math olympiad or PSLE preparation? Another wild guess only.
Just wondering, with so many tuition/enrichment, will the kids feel bored in class? Will they concentrate since there is always a fallback - tuition?
Have anyone wonder how many kids dropout of GE in P4, P5 & P6 every year? More girls or boys? What was the reason(s) for dropping out?

I hv not heard of any dropout. I think moe will also not let u drop ge they will counsel u first. The dir from moe mentioned an example that the mum wanted her child to drop out of ge cos she can't handle ge and thinks that her kid cannot hande ge.

I think if there are drop outs it will reflect badly on ge.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 am

I heard of one kid with 3 maths tuition. One maths enrichment center. One tutor to teach/ guide school homework and another tutor to teach/ guide enrichment center homework :rotflmao:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 am

vlim wrote:I heard of one kid with 3 maths tuition. One maths enrichment center. One tutor to teach/ guide school homework and another tutor to teach/ guide enrichment center homework :rotflmao:

:yikes: kid from GE?

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 am

jtoh wrote:
Herbie wrote:
Dun know leh. But i know tat she has alot of workshhets to complete and sometime she can't finish her sch work and need to ask for extension of time from teacher.

Does this girl do well in her studies? I wonder what's the point if she has to have 2 math tutors and is always under stress from her parents. I expect things will get even more stressful for her in P6.

As of now, she is dong ok. But whenever she get her paper back she look grumpy cos she did not meet her mum's expectation.

On the other hand, my dd would ask me what do i expect her to score for her exams.

I dun give her nos but i just tell her to try her best.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 am

vlim wrote:I heard of one kid with 3 maths tuition. One maths enrichment center. One tutor to teach/ guide school homework and another tutor to teach/ guide enrichment center homework :rotflmao:

How to squeeze in time to attend so many tuition? Very time consuming to attend tuition le.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 am

Flowermonaster wrote:

:yikes: kid from GE?

Ya ... I forgotten who told me abt it ... Not fromy ds' school anyway:wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:30 am

Herbie wrote:Have anyone wonder how many kids dropout of GE in P4, P5 & P6 every year? More girls or boys? What was the reason(s) for dropping out?

I hv not heard of any dropout. I think moe will also not let u drop ge they will counsel u first. The dir from moe mentioned an example that the mum wanted her child to drop out of ge cos she can't handle ge and thinks that her kid cannot hande ge.

I think if there are drop outs it will reflect badly on ge.[/quote]

When my DS was in P2, during teacher/parents mtg, his form teacher told us about GEP & mentioned that his ex-student a girl who was selected for GE program & after half a year or so, she chose to come back to her previous school because she don't like the stress there. According to this teacher, she fared quite well in PSLE in my DS's previous school.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 am

For p4 to drop out if ge, the child can still choose to go back to their original pri sch. But for p5, u really hv to think hard cos u will end up in the ge but mainstream dept.

I think the child will feel demoralise so die die they will chose to stay in ge.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres