35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:34 am

huh! very busy in 1st and 2nd term and my dd still have to go for SYF next year.
Die liao.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

Herbie wrote:huh! very busy in 1st and 2nd term and my dd still have to go for SYF next year.
Die liao.

not to scare you...make sure she got time to revise for ct and sa lo..as you know la ...the dsa thingy. But of course, there are some who can handle with 'breeze' :lol: :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:37 am

Champion wrote:After the last GEP screening tests on 24 August, DD1 (P3) came home told me," Mummy, xxx cried because she unable to finish the Maths paper and she worried her mummy will cane her!

this was what exactly my dd told me too after the screening test..... i thought it was rare or isolated case.... but seems like very common after reading your post.....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KSP » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:44 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
comfy wrote:hee hee that what the MOE said during the GEP briefing, genes from parents. But strange, neither me or hb are from gep lei.

GEP was only implemented from 1984. :wink:

DH & me also not from GEP. We did not miss the boat, the boat was still in the drafting stage during our times. :rotflmao:
So, we never got to find out but I believed my DS got that genes from his dad as I'm hopeless with Math. :stupid:

perhaps can start a poll here to find out how many parents and child are both from GEP.....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:50 am

vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:hi vlim,

How's P6 Gep like?? is it tough?

When my ds was in p5, last yr, a few parents here said tt p6 gep is a breeze... But no le ... As they have ct1 in march and SA in may plus various English assignment,Ss portfolio , maths assignment ... So it was very busy in 1st and 2 Nd term :sweat: .. But I feel relief after his p6 sa1 exam as tt is the last gep exam :dancing: ... I feel tt p6 science got lots more things to study such as adaption which is part of mainstream curriculum also .... The rest of the subjects are abt the same as p5 lor .
For Ss they have to do 2 portfolio whereby they have to choose their own topics.... Need quite a fair bit of write out with simple survey etc etc.. But with p4 and p5 Ss portfolio experiences... They shouldn't have much problem with it also with the teacher guidance ..

Still so much work. Sounds more like full blown hurricane than a "breeze" leh...

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:52 am

MotherHen wrote:
vlim wrote:When my ds was in p5, last yr, a few parents here said tt p6 gep is a breeze... But no le ... As they have ct1 in march and SA in may plus various English assignment,Ss portfolio , maths assignment ... So it was very busy in 1st and 2 Nd term :sweat: .. But I feel relief after his p6 sa1 exam as tt is the last gep exam :dancing: ... I feel tt p6 science got lots more things to study such as adaption which is part of mainstream curriculum also .... The rest of the subjects are abt the same as p5 lor .
For Ss they have to do 2 portfolio whereby they have to choose their own topics.... Need quite a fair bit of write out with simple survey etc etc.. But with p4 and p5 Ss portfolio experiences... They shouldn't have much problem with it also with the teacher guidance ..

Still so much work. Sounds more like full blown hurricane than a "breeze" leh...

:rotflmao: ...maybe for kids tt take things easy but not for my ds and me :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Way2GO » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 am

KSP wrote:
Way2GO wrote:
GEP was only implemented from 1984. :wink:

perhaps can start a poll here to find out how many parents and child are both from GEP.....

Alamak, KSP, u didn't get my msg huh?
GEP only started in 1984, if both parents n child was/is in GEP,
then GEP parents will be too shy to identify themselves liao
u know wat I mean? :evil: :wink: :wink:

Way2GO
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 am

may be the breeze has tranformed ino hurricane over the years. I hope it will be downgraded to breeze again for next year.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 am

Herbie wrote:may be the breeze has tranformed ino hurricane over the years. I hope it will be downgraded to breeze again for next year.

must check with the moe gep branch weather forcast then.. :laugh:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:59 am

MotherHen wrote:
Herbie wrote:Hi motherhen, i hv given up on gep's compre liao, the topic given is just so 'dry'.

Thankfully, dd did ok for the recent eng ct and her hmt has also improved slightly as compared to last semester.
:dancing:

That's wonderful! It's always a happy thing to see improvement. Let's all jiayou together!

Yah talk about dry topics for compre. I usually start to space out about one-third into the passage. Mid-way through I already have no idea what the passage is all about. I really feel sorry for the students who have to read through the whole passage.... The thought of it is enough to make me cry.

You space out, I got headache after reading 3 to 4 times & a few pages somemore. Still can't answer some of the questions. I wonder what they (GEP dept) hope to achieve. Try to kill some of these kids' passion for learning!? Not all kids like this type of dry materials/topics. Or is it I am out of touch? :wink:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP