Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Lynn2010 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:29 am

Hi parents who have asked me for the "Break The Code" question,

Those who are worried, dont kan cheong. The question may not repeat this year and even if it does, there are 7 questions to choose and your ds / dd may not need to do it. But if happen to be so coincidental, same question, i'm ok to share the question and the solution. But i must be honest that i need to ask my dd or my relative because i do not understand how it was solved (a little "PEN DAN" - stupid"). He explained to me but i confused

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:30 am

Lynn2010 wrote:I read that some kind of research was done. Playing music or art actually develops the right brain. When i was living in Australia, both my dds have instruments included in their curriculum. Interestingly, they learnt one different instrument every term. Perhaps that is why the Aussies are generally more creative.

Art is another subject apparently develop brains.
Not sure about the other GE kids (asking out of curiosity) - do your ds / dd play musically instrument or good at art?
Both my dds are doing 2 instruments, they use to paint but last few years too busy with their schedule

My DS play piano & violin. When he was young we just let him enjoyed music so no exam at that time. He started taking piano ABRSM exam when he was in P2, currently only grade 5. As for violin, he only has grade 2 as he started learning only in P4.
I heard of kids already got piano grade 8 or diploma when they are P5. Really impressive!

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:39 am

vlim wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:Hi Flowermonaster,

Dont worry. I believe they have different questions every year. Just spoke with my dd. This is "AA = Alternative Assessment", only P6 has it. It is graded, question set by MOE. After doing it, they need to submit to MOE.
PM me your email address and i can send to you for reference. Dont know how to attach document here leh. (I'm quite a comp idiot - lucky my dds do not have my genes)

And anyone who wants it for reference, just PM me. I will send.

For Maths AA this year, the p6 geps can choose one topic out of 7 to work on. And my ds chosen Pick's theorem..but don't ask me what is pick's theorem..I don't know :wink:

I think I remember this! My DS learnt that when he was in P4. He missed this topic so I have to google for this to explain to him. It's to find the area of shapes using dots. Hope I rem correctly. :xedfingers:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:43 am

Lynn2010 wrote:Hi parents who have asked me for the "Break The Code" question,

Those who are worried, dont kan cheong. The question may not repeat this year and even if it does, there are 7 questions to choose and your ds / dd may not need to do it. But if happen to be so coincidental, same question, i'm ok to share the question and the solution. But i must be honest that i need to ask my dd or my relative because i do not understand how it was solved (a little "PEN DAN" - stupid"). He explained to me but i confused

Lynn2010, is it your DD's teacher assigned the question to the students or they get to pick like Vlim's DS? That particular question so deep, if get to pick, don't think a lot of students will choose that.
Last edited by Flowermonaster on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:46 am

Flowermonaster wrote:

Lynn2010, is it the teacher will assign the question to the students or we get to pick?

The children can choose from the given topics.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

vlim wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:

Lynn2010, is it the teacher will assign the question to the students or we get to pick?

The children can choose from the given topics.

Thanks Vlim.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Herbie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:43 am

Lynn2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:
Herbie wrote:huh! very busy in 1st and 2nd term and my dd still have to go for SYF next year.
Die liao.

not to scare you...make sure she got time to revise for ct and sa lo..as you know la ...the dsa thingy. But of course, there are some who can handle with 'breeze' :lol: :wink:

Hi Herbie,
Dont worry.... your dd will be able to do it.

Ok! Lynn! But I think i will be very stressed next year..

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 am

Anyone know what are the topics like for next week P5 investigation Maths Test? Any examples to illustrate ?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:55 pm

Flowermonaster wrote:

Lynn2010, is it your DD's teacher assigned the question to the students or they get to pick like Vlim's DS? That particular question so deep, if get to pick, don't think a lot of students will choose that.

There are 6 or 7 topics to pick. You dont get to see the question, just the topic. So my dd picked - Maths: "Break the Code". "Suay" and "Heng".
"Suay" - bcos i break my brain for 2 weeks
"Heng" - I got someone to help (after the teacher herself sort of "too busy" to help my dd).

So if they are going to repeat the question this year, if you really see "Math - Break the Code" - high chance is the same if not similar
Last edited by Lynn2010 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:57 pm

not to scare you...make sure she got time to revise for ct and sa lo..as you know la ...the dsa thingy. But of course, there are some who can handle with 'breeze' :lol: :wink:[/quote]

Hi Herbie,
Dont worry.... your dd will be able to do it.[/quote]

Ok! Lynn! But I think i will be very stressed next year..[/quote]

Dont stress, dont stress. I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge