Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Lynn2010 wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Lynn2010, is it your DD's teacher assigned the question to the students or they get to pick like Vlim's DS? That particular question so deep, if get to pick, don't think a lot of students will choose that.

There are 6 or 7 topics to pick. You dont the to see the question, just the topic. So my dd picked - Maths: "Break the Code". "Suay" and "Heng".
"Suay" - bcos i break my brain for 2 weeks
"Heng" - I got someone to help (after the teacher herself sort of "too busy" to help my dd).

So if they are going to repeat the question this year, if you really see "Math - Break the Code" - high chance is the same if not similar

oh ..then your dd should have chosen something easier :wink: ... my ds did the Pick's theorem AA all by himself...so save my hair from further dropping... :wink: ...Nevertheless, they will be told to hand in about 2 drafts so tt the teacher will guide and correct them accordingly... so p5 gep parents..no stress no stress..... :cool:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:22 pm

vlim wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:Lynn2010, is it your DD's teacher assigned the question to the students or they get to pick like Vlim's DS? That particular question so deep, if get to pick, don't think a lot of students will choose that.

There are 6 or 7 topics to pick. You dont the to see the question, just the topic. So my dd picked - Maths: "Break the Code". "Suay" and "Heng".
"Suay" - bcos i break my brain for 2 weeks
"Heng" - I got someone to help (after the teacher herself sort of "too busy" to help my dd).

So if they are going to repeat the question this year, if you really see "Math - Break the Code" - high chance is the same if not similar

oh ..then your dd should have chosen something easier :wink: ... my ds did the Pick's theorem AA all by himself...so save my hair from further dropping... :wink: ...Nevertheless, they will be told to hand in about 2 drafts so tt the teacher will guide and correct them accordingly... so p5 gep parents..no stress no stress..... :cool:

Hmmm... Then I better warn my dd not to pick anything that sounds suspiciously 'fun'. Knowing her, "break the code" would be something she would choose cos sounds like a game. Wah... I have no Math PhD holders in the family for her to turn to :sweat: :sweat: . Both mummy and daddy are Math idiots...

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby 25hr mama » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Hi allamanda, sorry abt the late reply. As I'm a newbie, I'm still very blur wif this site. & itz was due to some accidental clicking then I realize u had sent me a msg dated 3/9 to my inbox.
May I know how to reply to your PM.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm

MotherHen wrote:
vlim wrote:oh ..then your dd should have chosen something easier :wink: ... my ds did the Pick's theorem AA all by himself...so save my hair from further dropping... :wink: ...Nevertheless, they will be told to hand in about 2 drafts so tt the teacher will guide and correct them accordingly... so p5 gep parents..no stress no stress..... :cool:

Hmmm... Then I better warn my dd not to pick anything that sounds suspiciously 'fun'. Knowing her, "break the code" would be something she would choose cos sounds like a game. Wah... I have no Math PhD holders in the family for her to turn to :sweat: :sweat: . Both mummy and daddy are Math idiots...

So u either break the code or break your brain ... :rotflmao:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby allamanda » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm

25hr mama wrote:Hi allamanda, sorry abt the late reply. As I'm a newbie, I'm still very blur wif this site. & itz was due to some accidental clicking then I realize u had sent me a msg dated 3/9 to my inbox.

juz click "my private messages" (below "my account") on the kiasuparents homepage? I am also not very sure, but that's how I do it. Take yr time, no hurry.
allamanda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:32 pm

25hr mama wrote:Hi allamanda, sorry abt the late reply. As I'm a newbie, I'm still very blur wif this site. & itz was due to some accidental clicking then I realize u had sent me a msg dated 3/9 to my inbox.

Hi 25hr mama
U go to the where u see allamanda message and scroll down. U will see a message box and u can type your reply message there . Then u click 'send' which is just below the box. Hopes u get it :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 25hr mama » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:28 pm

allamanda wrote:

juz click "my private messages" (below "my account") on the kiasuparents homepage? I am also not very sure, but that's how I do it. Take yr time, no hurry.

Hi allanmanda, I managed to reply to ur msg. Pls check ur inbox. :smile:
And :thankyou: vlim for the help.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby vlim » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:29 pm

You are welcome 25 hr mama. :smile:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Lynn2010 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Hmmm... Then I better warn my dd not to pick anything that sounds suspiciously 'fun'. Knowing her, "break the code" would be something she would choose cos sounds like a game. Wah... I have no Math PhD holders in the family for her to turn to :sweat: :sweat: . Both mummy and daddy are Math idiots...[/quote]

That was what i thought - must be very interesting. Until i see the question :yikes:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby violin_lover » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:43 am

Lynn: Thank you very much for sharing the questions with me.
I have to agree that the question is very challenging. In fact, I beleive that most of the undergraduate cannot solve it too.
It took me some time to fully understand the solution. You need to understand the specific characteristic and fundamental knowledge in it.
I really pity the parents (and the kids) who have chosen this question. Guess I can set up a consultancy :evil: for GEP alternative assessment.

Lynn2010 wrote:Hmmm... Then I better warn my dd not to pick anything that sounds suspiciously 'fun'. Knowing her, "break the code" would be something she would choose cos sounds like a game. Wah... I have no Math PhD holders in the family for her to turn to :sweat: :sweat: . Both mummy and daddy are Math idiots...

]

violin_lover
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres