35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby Michecplow » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:02 am

comfy wrote:at this moment, I don't think so.

Hi Comfy,
according to my ds , 1/3 of his classmates , especially girls, are with mathhub .. perhapes you could find out more from the centre ?
i m sorry that i can't provide much information about mathhub, as ds does not attend any math tuition .

Michecplow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Lynn2010 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 am

vlim wrote:
Lynn2010 wrote:
vlim wrote:Just now while I was cleaning my ds book shelves, I realise the 'Murderous Maths' series got a book called 'The secret life of code'..wonder is it similar to 'break the code' maths topic which Lynn2010 has mentioned or not :wink:

Hmmmm.... interesting. What is this 'Murderous Maths' series. I havent heard of it. Honestly, i dont understand what MOE is trying to achieve by giving this sort of very difficult question.

It is just like 'Horrible Science' series which are all about science but 'Murderous Maths' book series are all abt maths..They can still be found in most Popular Bookstores and Kinokuniya and so forth..

Thanks. I will try to get my hands on these books and see how they murder me. Anyway, my brain already broken. :nunchuk:

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 am

vlim wrote:oh ..then your dd should have chosen something easier :wink: ... my ds did the Pick's theorem AA all by himself...so save my hair from further dropping... :wink: ...Nevertheless, they will be told to hand in about 2 drafts so tt the teacher will guide and correct them accordingly... so p5 gep parents..no stress no stress..... :cool:

Haha.... yes, yes, the teacher will correct my dd's draft with remark like "Elaborate" in 1st paragraph & then follow by more "Elaborate" further down. And add on with "more details" . How to improve? She submited a similar draft but with a long-winded story. I really doubt this is what the teacher looking for. Of course, her grade is not good. So to be stressed or not?

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:31 am

comfy wrote:
vlim wrote:oh ..then your dd should have chosen something easier :wink: ... my ds did the Pick's theorem AA all by himself...so save my hair from further dropping... :wink: ...Nevertheless, they will be told to hand in about 2 drafts so tt the teacher will guide and correct them accordingly... so p5 gep parents..no stress no stress..... :cool:

Haha.... yes, yes, the teacher will correct my dd's draft with remark like "Elaborate" in 1st paragraph & then follow by more "Elaborate" further down. And add on with "more details" . How to improve? She submited a similar draft but with a long-winded story. I really doubt this is what the teacher looking for. Of course, her grade is not good. So to be stressed or not?

I really dislike it when teachers give comments like 'Elaborate' without giving more guidance. The teachers should elaborate on what they mean by 'elaborate', otherwise how will the kids know what they are missing out on?

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

Yes. No Stress.. Just ask your dd/ds to pick one topic that he/she can get all information from the internet. :)

In my opinion, P4 is most stressful, learning to cope with all the deadlines of the projects. P5 is of the least stress. As for P6, the stress comes from DSA and PSLE.
Last edited by PiggyLalala on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

Michecplow wrote:

Hi Comfy,
according to my ds , 1/3 of his classmates , especially girls, are with mathhub .. perhapes you could find out more from the centre ?
i m sorry that i can't provide much information about mathhub, as ds does not attend any math tuition .

Thanks Micherplow for taking an interest in my 'plight'. I have some kind souls who have gave me some suggestions of books and enrichment centres. I will share more once I have a some sort of results. Hope that it will be good news. :smile:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby comfy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 am

jtoh wrote:
comfy wrote:

I really dislike it when teachers give comments like 'Elaborate' without giving more guidance. The teachers should elaborate on what they mean by 'elaborate', otherwise how will the kids know what they are missing out on?

Precisely! feel like saying "great mind thinks alike". But what to do? should I feedback to the teacher. This teacher is quite defensive type. Must really to on my toes when dealing with him.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby PiggyLalala » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:39 am

comfy wrote:
Michecplow wrote:

Hi Comfy,

Thanks Micherplow for taking an interest in my 'plight'. I have some kind souls who have gave me some suggestions of books and enrichment centres. I will share more once I have a some sort of results. Hope that it will be good news. :smile:

Jia you comfy !!!! :rahrah: :rahrah: Surely your dd will improve and things will be better in P5. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:40 am

PiggyLalala wrote:

Yes. No Stress.. Just ask your dd/ds to pick one topic that he/she can get all information from the internet. :)

In my opinion, P4 is most stressful, learning to cope with all the deadlines of the projects. P5 is of the least stress. As for P6, the stress comes from DSA and PSLE.

Ya I have the same view as you ... P4 gep is most stressful for 'me' and my ds having to adapt to new school, new classmates, new teachers and challenging ge programme ..especially the 1st semester . :skeptical:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

PiggyLalala wrote:

That is a good point, PiggyLalala. I will take note of that and remind my dd. Hope that she will take my advice or else I have more to say here.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

LEARNConcierge