35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby comfy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Anyone know whether the school will inform the kids/parents next year 2012 syllabus? Especially math, sci and ss.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm

comfy wrote:Anyone know whether the school will inform the kids/parents next year 2012 syllabus? Especially math, sci and ss.

Hi, comfy, my ds' school has never informed the kids or us of the next year's syllabus. We had to email the teachers for that. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby comfy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 pm

So did the teacher let u know after you email her/him? Um..... the P4 teacher? will she know the P5 syllabus?
My dd's sch teachers are dedicated to teach on specific levels.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:37 pm

comfy wrote:So did the teacher let u know after you email her/him? Um..... the P4 teacher? will she know the P5 syllabus?
My dd's sch teachers are dedicated to teach on specific levels.

Yes, if the teacher followed my ds up to the next level, he would let me know. Otherwise, it might be difficult. Some said that the syllabus was not fixed yet. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby comfy » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:16 pm

thks MandyMummy, if don't have, I think just stick to mainstream P5 syllabus. Anyway, that will be alot to look. Being KS since Herbie said that P5 got alot of projects and no time to study. Hope to spread it out so more time for dd to enjoy her school life.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Flowermonaster » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:36 am

comfy wrote:thks MandyMummy, if don't have, I think just stick to mainstream P5 syllabus. Anyway, that will be alot to look. Being KS since Herbie said that P5 got alot of projects and no time to study. Hope to spread it out so more time for dd to enjoy her school life.

Hi Comfy, not to worry so much. Kids should be able to handle better in P5 due to their experiences in P4. Whatever they learnt in P4 will not be wasted, it will help them to build a stronger foundation.
In P5, although the kids were given a lot more work & projects, if done diligently should be manageable. If really no time to revise, make sure kid pay full attention in class.

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vlim » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:58 am

Flowermonaster wrote:
comfy wrote:thks MandyMummy, if don't have, I think just stick to mainstream P5 syllabus. Anyway, that will be alot to look. Being KS since Herbie said that P5 got alot of projects and no time to study. Hope to spread it out so more time for dd to enjoy her school life.

Hi Comfy, not to worry so much. Kids should be able to handle better in P5 due to their experiences in P4. Whatever they learnt in P4 will not be wasted, it will help them to build a stronger foundation.
In P5, although the kids were given a lot more work & projects, if done diligently should be manageable. If really no time to revise, make sure kid pay full attention in class.

I agree with flowermonster. One of the thing you can do is to assist time in time management such as planning time schedule to revise for ct or SA.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 am

vlim wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:

I agree with flowermonster. One of the thing you can do is to assist time in time management such as planning time schedule to revise for ct or SA.

Will try to do that. Thanks! The only hiccup is I am not a very time mangement sort of person. Neither is my hb hence sometimes I am very reluctant to play this role that why it add on to my stress. Maybe GEP not suitable for adhoc type of personality? :cry:

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

vlim wrote:
Flowermonaster wrote:

Totally agree. DS tends to focus on his projects too, and leaves little time for revision. After DS's CT2 results :roll: , am now giving him a weekly schedule for revision for SA. Hope it works! :pray:

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MotherHen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:37 am

Just realised that year-end exam is a few short weeks away :nailbite:. I seem to be abit sotong about schedule & test topics (and dd is still so nonchalant), so I'm hoping for some enlightenment from parents who are one the ball:

For P5 Year-end Science exam, they will be tested on both P4 & P5 topics? Just to cfm:
P5 Science topics:
• Cells
• Photosynthesis
• Respiratory & Circulatory systems
• Reproduction (Plant & Animal)
• Electricity
P4 Science topics:
• Water cycle
• Water & State
• Energy (heat & light)
• Plant system

For IRS, is there a final final deadline? It seems that dd has been working on it forever. She is now working on a Powerpoint presentation for it, but when I ask her about the presentation and final submission date, she says not sure and then asks me not to worry. To be honest, I want her to just chuck it aside first already. Is there really no deadline given for this or is my dd still in dreamland :slapshead: ?

TIA for any updates.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres