35%
Can Try
55%
Don't Go
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: All About GEP

Postby MandyMummy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 am

MotherHen wrote:Just realised that year-end exam is a few short weeks away :nailbite:. I seem to be abit sotong about schedule & test topics (and dd is still so nonchalant), so I'm hoping for some enlightenment from parents who are one the ball:

For P5 Year-end Science exam, they will be tested on both P4 & P5 topics? Just to cfm:
P5 Science topics:
• Cells
• Photosynthesis
• Respiratory & Circulatory systems
• Reproduction (Plant & Animal)
• Electricity
P4 Science topics:
• Water cycle
• Water & State
• Energy (heat & light)
• Plant system

For IRS, is there a final final deadline? It seems that dd has been working on it forever. She is now working on a Powerpoint presentation for it, but when I ask her about the presentation and final submission date, she says not sure and then asks me not to worry. To be honest, I want her to just chuck it aside first already. Is there really no deadline given for this or is my dd still in dreamland :slapshead: ?

TIA for any updates.

Hi Motherhen, is your dd's IRS project chosen for the ISO project exhibition? If yes, she will only complete in Nov leh. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 am

Today is p5 investigation maths test, i heard tat the paper is going to be tough and the teacher told the kids to persevere...

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zann » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 am

Herbie wrote:Today is p5 investigation maths test, i heard tat the paper is going to be tough and the teacher told the kids to persevere...

How will we ever know if it is tough when we don't even get to see the paper or know what they are doing? :shrug:

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Herbie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 am

Zann wrote:
Herbie wrote:Today is p5 investigation maths test, i heard tat the paper is going to be tough and the teacher told the kids to persevere...

How will we ever know if it is tough when we don't even get to see the paper or know what they are doing? :shrug:

I heard from my dd that they get to do practise papers in sch but cannot bring home...

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MotherHen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:28 am

MandyMummy wrote:
MotherHen wrote:Just realised that year-end exam is a few short weeks away :nailbite:. I seem to be abit sotong about schedule & test topics (and dd is still so nonchalant), so I'm hoping for some enlightenment from parents who are one the ball:

For P5 Year-end Science exam, they will be tested on both P4 & P5 topics? Just to cfm:
P5 Science topics:
• Cells
• Photosynthesis
• Respiratory & Circulatory systems
• Reproduction (Plant & Animal)
• Electricity
P4 Science topics:
• Water cycle
• Water & State
• Energy (heat & light)
• Plant system

For IRS, is there a final final deadline? It seems that dd has been working on it forever. She is now working on a Powerpoint presentation for it, but when I ask her about the presentation and final submission date, she says not sure and then asks me not to worry. To be honest, I want her to just chuck it aside first already. Is there really no deadline given for this or is my dd still in dreamland :slapshead: ?

TIA for any updates.

Hi Motherhen, is your dd's IRS project chosen for the ISO project exhibition? If yes, she will only complete in Nov leh. :smile:

I'm also not too sure. I don't have the stamina to keep up already. But if it's due only in November, I'll just ask her to set it aside first and focus on SA. Many thanks :thankyou:

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MandyMummy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

MotherHen wrote:
MandyMummy wrote:
MotherHen wrote:For IRS, is there a final final deadline? It seems that dd has been working on it forever. She is now working on a Powerpoint presentation for it, but when I ask her about the presentation and final submission date, she says not sure and then asks me not to worry. To be honest, I want her to just chuck it aside first already. Is there really no deadline given for this or is my dd still in dreamland :slapshead: ?

TIA for any updates.

I'm also not too sure. I don't have the stamina to keep up already. But if it's due only in November, I'll just ask her to set it aside first and focus on SA. Many thanks :thankyou:

No problem, the report will be due earlier lah, can't remember the deadline for the PowerPoint presentation. But if your dd is chosen, she will stop IRS for SA revision first, then resume after the exams. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby KSmom8 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:15 pm

DS did 2 powerpoint presentations (part 1 and 2) in school for IRS. Report also submitted - I asked him to submit cos I thought it was due based on the schedule that was given to him. However, it seems like DS submitted it early cos some students have not submitted yet. Anyway, afternoon curriculum for IRS has stopped for the moment.... no news on what to do for the exhibition yet. Asked him to focus on SA... there's so little time left.

Does anyone have the P5 SA schedule? TIA.

KSmom8
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby MotherHen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

KSmom8 wrote:DS did 2 powerpoint presentations (part 1 and 2) in school for IRS. Report also submitted - I asked him to submit cos I thought it was due based on the schedule that was given to him. However, it seems like DS submitted it early cos some students have not submitted yet. Anyway, afternoon curriculum for IRS has stopped for the moment.... no news on what to do for the exhibition yet. Asked him to focus on SA... there's so little time left.

Does anyone have the P5 SA schedule? TIA.

What I have is this:
3 Oct (Mon): HCL (Compo)
4 Oct (Tue): EL (Papers 1 & 2)
10 Oct (Mon): Social Studies
11 Oct (Tue): HCL (Paper 2)
12 Oct (Wed): Science
13 Oct (Thu): Math (Papers 1 & 2)

Hope the above is accurate.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby vlim » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:32 pm

2 info for parents of p4 geppers.

1. Sometime after SA, the kids will be ask to choose their next yr most preferred ISO projects. IVP, ID, Future problem solving and etc...I think ID need audition. Teacher in charge will make the final decision which type of project your kid will pick up.

2. Sometime after SA also or early next yr...the kids will take a selection tests for Advance maths enrichment club which mainly doing MO questions. Only selected ones through the test will be invited to join this AMEC in p5.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby comfy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:43 pm

If all GEP schools have the same timetable, then 12 Oct (Wed) also have P5 GEP EL Listening Comprehension.
21 Oct (Fri) : P5 Gep CL Listening Comprehension
Last edited by comfy on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

comfy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

PreviousNext

Return to GEP

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres